• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 12, 2021

    Football Manager - What FM21 shouts actually mean [OC]

    Football Manager - What FM21 shouts actually mean [OC]


    What FM21 shouts actually mean [OC]

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    1 month as an IRL Football Manager (part 2 i guess)

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 05:07 AM PDT

    Hey guys, it's been a while. A lot of you has asked for updates so here we go.

    As you can maybe remember, I had my first game as an IRL coach of some 12-14 year old kids 4 weeks ago - we lost 10:0.

    Some quick updates:

    - we have our own kits now, everyone has their own number which is somehow really important for them - im fine with that.

    - we are still getting more trial players, squad is now at about 20 if everyone is available (which is never the case). Im hoping to get to 25-27 so we can compensate injuries.

    Since then we have been playing on every but one weekend. We lost the next game 3:1 at home, a bit unlucky, we could have won there. But we scored our first goal which I was very proud of - even if it was only a penalty.

    We, again, lost the 3rd game 6:1 last weekend, which was a bit rough because we havent played bad at all but it is what it is sometimes. We made some adjustments, recognized where we are making mistakes (literally can't take a ball and play it with heads up) and were working on it during the week.

    My goalkeeper gets injured in the last training session, my captain is also injured, two setbacks which really hurt, but life goes on.

    So now comes this Saturday, a late afternoon game, light rain. Our opponents have only played one regular season game so far and they lost it. So I was optimistic, told the boys what they had to do (first touch, heads up, pass the ball) and sent them on the pitch. We start aggressive and score in the first minutes. I'm in good mood, tell the guys to concentrate and play on the way they have played so far.

    Well - it did not work out. The opponents score 3 goals in the first half after corners, my right wingback (lets call him Andrew) has a breakdown because he sees himself as an offensive player and leaves the pitch in tears just minutes before half time.

    It's 1-3. The half time break is kind of out of control. The kids are upset, I try to call them all down ("OK OK I understand, are you all done whining? Can we win the game now?"), tell them we are absolutly better, we just have to pay attention to standards. My starting right back stays on the bench, I put up a substitute player. Second half starts, suprisingly (for me) the kid I brought as rightback plays really good, runs a lot and clears everything to the sideline he gets. That is everything I wanted from him.

    Now comes the good part. I look at the bench, see Andrew, sitting there, still in tears, obviously emotionally on the down side. I tell him to get ready, he comes on. I bring him on as an offensive right wing. 5 minutes later the kid scores - 2:3. I scream onto the pitch "Good good, now score again, just push, we got this!" - another five minutes, Andrew scores an overhead goal (like, he stood with back to the goal, and just hit the ball in a really high curve just right into the corner). At this time I'm really optimistic. 3-3, and we have about 15 minutes left. The rest of the game we are pressing high, dont really let them in our half, playing with 2 defensive players and everyone else is just in their box. We have chances and chances but we can't score.

    Ref tells us 3 minutes added time. Corner for the opponents, we clear the ball from the line with a header. My heart is just beating I want to win this game.

    One last attack, everyone but one player goes forward. I can't remember how exactly, but the ball was in their box and somehow Andrew put it behind the line, it was a very messy goal but whatever, everyone is cheering, the ref blows the final whistle.. We won our first game and scored our first points this season!!! I was so pumped, I screamed and congratulated everyone, what a game that was. Andrew left the pitch in tears in first half and now he scored a hattrick and was carried by his teammates from the field. I was so happy to see that.

    Thanks for reading this wall of text. I'm happy to talk about anything if you have questions!

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/bouh92
    [link] [comments]

    It took until 2041, but finally a shocking relegation!

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 09:23 AM PDT

    Is CM97/98 discussion allowed here? I won the Cup Winners Cup on season 4 with Hearts this morning! Here’s a screenshot of my starting eleven, details in comment.

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    My 6'7 complete forward KIWI beast

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    Was about to take off shoot on sight... then this happened

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    There is an imposter among us

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    She's gonna leave me!

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 05:15 AM PDT

    My Football Manager Story

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 01:24 AM PDT

    Hi there, I just thought that I should tell some people my story as people ask me for it as I am 12 and I say ,oh yeh I don't play FIFA I play Fm21, So it all started in Fm 17 and I started play my dads game as I was only 8 and I wasn't allowed it in case I never played, Then I got FM18 and I loved it I took Birmingham to champions league , Hartlepool To Premier titles , Then I fell in love with the game (I've won titles Sextuplets with Teams like Derry City, And I still do) and still am , Still today I get Bullied for not playing FIFA and This Reddit Page, and Football Manager, is somewhere I can Escape from reality, If anyone else shares there story I would love to hear it.

    submitted by /u/Roman0902
    [link] [comments]

    Always found it odd that most of the big London clubs are concentrated north of the river, so thought I’d create a concept for one of my favourite places in SW London

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    [FM20] It took me 28 years in game to take IFK Malmö from the Swedish fourth tier to Champions League winners. Now I can finally close this save before FM22 is released!

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 09:46 AM PDT

    I never knew you could win German footballer of the year while playing for Barcelona

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 05:13 AM PDT

    NYUGEN THE HUNG

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 12:45 PM PDT

    We've lost our first match after eleven consecutive wins because of this beautiful strike

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Well. Who the fuck are Real Madrid?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 03:07 AM PDT

    I think I am about to start WW III

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 03:29 AM PDT

    I Save-Scummed with Scunthorpe. I have no shame.

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 02:12 AM PDT

    I Save-Scummed with Scunthorpe. I have no shame.

    "If at first you you don't succeed, try try again"

    I did.

    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"

    Well....

    I made one editor change: Place Scunthorpe from League Two into the Championship. This is what happened after 629 reloads in the 2nd season and the things I've learnt

    Some call it save-scumming. I call it plot armour.

    Method

    After making the the one database change, I quickly shortcutted 'Reload last game' and 'Go on Holiday' as I will need to use those two features a lot. I loaded up the game as Scunthorpe under the smallest possible database of 6k players to increase loading speed.

    I would select a tactic, make the assistant use that tactic and I will go on holiday for 1 day before a game starts and see if I won that game or not before I reloaded the game or continued it. For every result lose, draw or win, I would record the result in a spreadsheet which can be found further below. Rinse and repeat.

    Now I started initially by putting Scunthorpe straight to the EPL but after taking 49 reloads to beat West Ham and 117 reloads to draw with Spurs, I quickly gathered I'd have to macro this somehow but I had no patience for that. I tried to have an actual pre-season to on my 2nd attempt but that made little difference so I decided I need a run-up from the Championship along with a decent transfer window to actually make it feasibly and humanly possible to do an invincibles treble.

    I am inevitable.

    Now after promotion, I got to have fun with the transfer window. Seeing as I knew I was going to just use the one season, I figured I'd just pay most my signings with installments so I can get more players in. So I then replaced basically every player from the previous season with the new found money and reputation that should reduce the number of re-loads necessary.

    You guys have the money, I have the Time Stone.

    Now I didn't do this purely to not lose or for memes, but I did learn a few things along the way. Here are some:

    1. Strength is a highly useful attribute when attempting to cause a one-off upset....in the Championship

    My championship top scorer looks unspectacular in attributes in most areas and in a team full of players that belong in 2 divisions lower, there seems to be one attribute that can from time to time just cause things to go our way

    Sold for 95k after scoring 37 goals in 49 games. Identity crisis ensues.

    I then proceeded to sign Matt Smith who is basically a beef up version of Ryan Loft but he actually barely had much of an impact against these tougher opponents.

    1. Away games are filthy

    I documented every result before I re-loaded the game on an undesired result. It looks something like this

    How was Arsenal away the hardest fixture

    The file can be found here http://www.filedropper.com/savescumthorpe

    Whilst no doubt away trips against big teams are sometimes just difficult as it should be - but how difficult can only be gathered with a bigger sample size.

    There was one point Liverpool Away only took 5 reloads to beat, Arsenal Away (cup) with 14 reloads whilst 1 week later an Arsenal Away league game took 95 reloads before I beat them. They scored 61 goals in my first 10 games losses against them.

    There's also this bloc of SOU (A), EVE (A), WOL (A) that took me a total of 145 re-loads to do. That, my friend, is a lot of Among Us youtube videos to sit through whilst re-loading.

    3. 'Good' vs 'Excellent' Condition - The difference.

    There were times where I fully rotated a squad which made me re-load 20 times to no effect before just sticking with my first XI with 'good' condition who then trounced the team 3-1. I did further experiments with semi-rotations etc just to get more casual data in my head but it's the same: 'Good' conditioned 1st team players who are slightly better than your 2nd XI are more effective than they seem.

    Add to that, there's also a noticeable difference in the xG. Several times my rotated weaker players would score less than 0.4 xG in the entire game whilst my jaded 1st team players would create just over 1.0xG which is enough for me to know there's a chance of an upset.

    Conclusion

    This was interesting. I know there's a lot of players who strictly never save-scum, ones who save-scum here or there, and those who will just do it like they're Thanos or something. But I don't think we ever asked the question of its full potential.

    Can you save-scum ANY lowly club to the highest glory? Probably not. But a championship-level team? Definitely. I also save-scummed Australia to win the Copa-America a while ago but I think Internationals and cup games does add more RNG into the fold so they are technically 'easier' to save-scum.

    Soooo I've Got sacked mid-season playing a team full of Jesus, conceded 103 goals to France, found out what happens if you delete the Super League gang, stopped Messi and friends from retiring, failed a team full of the best Keepers from relegating under Northampton and found out FM truly understands Man City's financial power

    What's next?

    Edit: Here's my squad

    https://preview.redd.it/lgj1xgymh1n71.png?width=1078&format=png&auto=webp&s=3fd7053e98fb1a64b376966a7e65899ccf03c5e1

    submitted by /u/FlyingPingoo
    [link] [comments]

    Mbappé takes charge at Brighton

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    Has anyone else invested in the Zaha + Tanganga DLC?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    An eventful afternoon for my striker with 20 penalty taking

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    Anyone seen a more expensive transfer than this?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    I've seen many OGs, deflections mostly and some keeper blunders. But this is just a pure brainfart.

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 07:08 PM PDT

    Excuse me game?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 06:59 PM PDT

    One of the crazier matches I've been through: back and forth cup match, went to extra time, one of my players got sent off, took the lead, conceded, went to penalties, after 7 perfect penalties from the lads we came out on top...somehow

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 08:22 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel