• Breaking News

    Monday, September 13, 2021

    Football Manager - When you get relegated on CM97/98 after trying to implement an ambitious gegen press 1-3-3-3 formation with a libero and three false nines

    Football Manager - When you get relegated on CM97/98 after trying to implement an ambitious gegen press 1-3-3-3 formation with a libero and three false nines


    When you get relegated on CM97/98 after trying to implement an ambitious gegen press 1-3-3-3 formation with a libero and three false nines

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 05:44 AM PDT

    Turning 40 soon and still playing FM

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    After 10 years of hard work... I go to cry now...

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    Youth intakes - Broken or fairly accurate?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 01:24 PM PDT

    To the people that complain about youth intakes being "broken" because their state of the art facilities aren't producing world class players. Guess what. They don't in real life either!

    Take the UEFA team of the season last year. These are the academies that all of these players were when they were 14-18.

    Neuer - Schalke... Kimmich - Stuttgart... Ramos - Sevilla... Van Dijk - Willem... Davies - Edmonton Strikers... Thiago - Flamengo/ Barca... KDB - Gent/ Genk... Messi - Newell's Old Boys/ Barca... CR7 - Sporting... Lewandowski - MKS Warsaw... Neymar - Santos...

    The teams with "great youth facilities" constantly produce pretty good players. In fm terms - a solid 3* player comes out of most academies almost every other season.

    But once you build up a senior team that is oozing with world class talent, you will be LUCKY to get a 4.5 star PA every few years.

    Barca are definitely an exception, but that being said it was an outlier that produced Puyol, Pique Iniesta, and Xavi in close proximity - a true golden generation intake.

    Since that era of football has passed there hasn't been too many "world class" players out of La Masia since. I also think it's a bit of a stretch to include Messi and Thiago because they both spent most of their youth playing career in South America.

    Even looking at that class of 92. Giggs, the Nevilles, Scholes Butt and Becks. A few World class players in that group. But how many world class talents have come out of that academy since then? Nearly 30 years ago? Maybe Pogba? Not much else.

    Bottom line. The best academies and facilities in the world are consistent at producing the Tom Cleverly's, Jonny Evans's, Ray Parlour's, Marc Bartra's, and Danny Welbeck's of the world. Good players, sometimes even great players! But rarely World Class players that can compete with the super teams you've built!

    Are there any academies that I'm missing that DO produce high level Wonderkids on a consistent basis?

    submitted by /u/WatercressOk3735
    [link] [comments]

    So I just got this dude in my youth intake

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 11:16 AM PDT

    Somebody's been feeling lonely

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 04:34 AM PDT

    I have a style of football named after me!!!

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 10:42 PM PDT

    Slightly worrying conversation with my goalkeeper coach

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 03:20 AM PDT

    Peak shithousery from Rayan Cherki in stoppage time of the UCL final

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    Liverpool said he wasn't for sale at any price, so I decided to test them. What on Earth

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 06:42 PM PDT

    My Greek Wonderkid with 13 flair and 11 finishing just ended the goalkeeper in front of his own family.

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    Bit harsh, he's only been here 11 hours.

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 02:40 PM PDT

    makes sense for him to join the rovers

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 06:59 PM PDT

    Help please Why! Why can't I select optional future fee?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 04:06 AM PDT

    Promoted with Barnsley and unbeaten so far in the league, guess this ends soon lol

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    why/how does Hertha Berlin turn into a super team almost immediately in most saves?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 10:36 PM PDT

    Trying to build a full Italian Inter - What do you think of the squad so far?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    when you like diamonds a bit too much and it actually works! try this out, you'll be surprised by the results.

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    Keep seeing people doing saves with only certain names, so I thought of doing a Columbian save with only players called Valencia.

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 04:03 AM PDT

    The curl on that one!

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    "Don't do that. Don't give me hope".

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    Why do I torture myself? [Macau Build A Nation]

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 07:55 PM PDT

    Why do I torture myself? [Macau Build A Nation]

    {Flair; Screenshot/Story/Rant}

    So, thanks to some comments from a discord friend, he has told me that I should do 3 Asian Nations and build them up, however, the catch was that they were terrible, and believe me, he chose some terrible ones...

    Macau

    Hong Kong

    Chinese Taipei

    Obviously, I chose Macau first, because well, I kinda like the flag?

    However... I didnt expect an Asian team to have such a grind... there is hardly any gain in ranking placements when you win, unless it's winning against China, Japan or Australia, or having a somewhat decent run to a tournament - if you can qualify for one in the first place.

    Current Placement in the world

    Extremely low and slow growth in rankings

    So, as you can see, I started at 193rd in the world... and have barely rose.

    Manager Stats

    That is how little Macau - and maybe other smaller Asian teams - actually play. 19 games in the 1397 days in charge of the nation... there have been like 10-12 friendlies, but they dont count to anything, sadly xP

    -

    Please... wish me luck. This going even slower than my San Marino save.

    submitted by /u/Ekyt
    [link] [comments]

    No words...

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    Haven’t played regularly since FM16, would FM21 be the best place to start?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 09:35 PM PDT

    So I missed the game very dearly and have decided to come back. It's deadass like an addiction you can't get away from. FM16 was my absolute favorite, I have about 2300 hours on it on Steam. I probably played a bit of 17-19, but I can't recall honestly. I just remember Gegenpress OP lol. What all has changed since then? Are FM Scout and FM Base still a thing? I used them in the past for skins, logos, etc. I know editor packs exist for past games to get it up to date, that's why I was asking if 21 would be the best place to start. I'm sure y'all will help me get integrated again, thank you.. and I apologize if i'm not supposed to make a post about this.

    submitted by /u/havethenets
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel