• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 12, 2019

    Football Manager - How I met my FM hero

    Football Manager - How I met my FM hero


    How I met my FM hero

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:48 AM PDT

    A quick story I always mean to tell people but always forget. When I was younger and in college me and my friend had a network game on CM. We started in the depths of the English Leagues and I was Boston United. My friend signed Michael Foley Sherridan from Liverpool on loan and was tearing up the league. I needed to keep up and after some searching I found Glynn Hurst at Bury.

    After snagging him on a free he catapulted me through the conference, League Two, League One, the Championship all the way to the Prem. His stats were awful but he just couldn't stop winning us games. I had no doubt in my mind that Glynn Hurst was the reason and not my tactics. Me and my friend used to speak on MSN and I cheekily changed my profile picture to the legend in question.

    Roll on about 7/8 years and I'm at university as a mature student. We are being buddied up and my lecturer said "you go with Glynn" to me. I froze as the guy looked familiar. A few minutes of wracking my brain later I blurted out "were you a footballer?" Turns out he was my legendary hero from FM. The only thing my brain allowed me to say in this situation was "I have a picture of you on my PC".

    3 years of uni later I don't think I've met a nicer guy, plenty of great stories. He's now a teacher and I wish him all the luck in the world, to me he'll always be a Boston United legend. That was a good 5/6 years ago now but I still think fondly of my meeting of my fm hero.

    submitted by /u/GamerGuyAlly
    [link] [comments]

    Me managing Burnley in the first season and opening my scout reports to see that my Chief Scout recommends Mbappé, Dybala and Donnarumma as main targets for the January window

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:52 AM PDT

    +3 Added time.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    Who needs to qualify for the Europa League if you can just win it?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:01 PM PDT

    I'm sorry, who are you?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 02:18 AM PDT

    Gonna be interesting when the coaching staff joins the drills or 7 a side games ����

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 12:03 AM PDT

    1-0 up away and needing a result after being threatened with getting sacked one of my players scores this long range effort

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 08:54 AM PDT

    Not sure why Brentford would accept this.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:51 AM PDT

    My whole team is on international duty on the CL final matchday?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    Didn't realise Cardiff and Swansea were in different countries...

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 03:06 AM PDT

    18-17 on penalties with only one miss, took about 15 mins

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 03:45 AM PDT

    8 years with Preston, 0 trophies. Finally ended the trophy-less run with a good one.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:23 AM PDT

    Dictate the Game |Welcome to the FM Lab! Where statistics and FM collide

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 10:10 AM PDT

    Is there anything more rare and satisfying in FM than completing a mutually beneficial P/Ex transfer?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:45 PM PDT

    I hate this game sometimes.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:42 PM PDT

    Anyone had a crack at the numberless challenge?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    Has anyone done the numberless challenge? For those that may not have heard of it, it is a skin you can download which hides player attributes entirely.

    Got 4 pint cans chilling in the fridge and feeling like embarking on an FM adventure.

    submitted by /u/Worfsfeatherduster
    [link] [comments]

    I suggest Cristian PAVON for everybody for who plays his first year.You are going to make money

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 08:00 AM PDT

    200cm and 20 jumping reach striker

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:39 AM PDT

    Probably the greatest newgen I've seen...apart from his inability to jump

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:42 AM PDT

    Who is the best player you have ever signed in your FM history?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 02:04 PM PDT

    Possibly the longest summer break you'll ever see

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 12:46 AM PDT

    "Get stuck in"

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    Finally managed to go unbeaten.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    Just a normal FM19 transfer window. Nothing surprising

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 08:57 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel