• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    Football Manager - My scout was pulling no punches! 😂

    Football Manager - My scout was pulling no punches! ��


    My scout was pulling no punches! ��

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:21 AM PDT

    Thanks UEFA scheduling, thanks

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    In honour of the end of FM19 and my save along with it. A comparison.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:31 AM PDT

    Croatian-Serbian-Bosnian-Montenegrin woes: Something FM should definitely fix

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:03 PM PDT

    Croatian-Serbian-Bosnian-Montenegrin woes: Something FM should definitely fix

    This is a first for me. I've actually found a Serbian player whose agent demands that, in case of signing, his client be sent on a course to learn the Croatian language because his knowledge of it is 'basic at best'.

    For anyone acquainted with the similarity of the two (or the four) ex-Yugoslav languages this should sound ridiculous. For comparison: it would be as if a young Brit was to sign for an MLS club, but had qualms about having to 'learn' American English. The question does not arise except if you're dealing with dorks.

    FM gives 'Good' rather than 'Fluent' to all speakers of Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian/Montenegrin toward the three languages they 'don't speak'. This suggests basic understanding whereas the rule in that part of the world is that everyone understands everyone else almost 100% of the time (they need not speak a variant of the language to understand it fully). What is more, many players from the area are either born in one country and have moved to another (most commonly from Bosnia) or have played in one of the other countries, so they get upgraded to 'Fluent', signalling a distinction which doesn't look likely. (Exactly as if a Brit who had lived in the US for a while claimed to be fluent in American as well as English... In which way? By shifting accent according to place?)

    And while FM underestimates the Croatian-Bosnian-Serbian-Montenegrin connection, it overestimates the link between these four and Macedonian and Slovenian, which are undeniably distant from the Serbo-Croatian nexus. So that, for example, it seems excessive to give to the manager a 'Good' understanding of either by default. The logic there might be: Having been born under the state of Yugoslavia, he may have been taught some of it (?). This is unreal. Speakers of Serbo-Croatian barely understand Slovenians or Macedonians. 'Good' is an overestimation.

    Just a little something FM should fix. It makes us Southern Slavs snort.

    https://preview.redd.it/kaq5l1uoubv31.jpg?width=1708&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=01e0376aa3edd201d02792a5da279a059f7ab934

    submitted by /u/Idiosincrasy
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Steve, fuck off Steve.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:23 AM PDT

    And I thought I could play in the Knockout stages for the first time :(

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:41 PM PDT

    Ok, I've had enough of FM for a while

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:41 PM PDT

    That’s certainly a memorable name.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:20 PM PDT

    His parents were having a hard time concieving to name him like that, weren't they?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 01:41 AM PDT

    I _____ your comments.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:03 PM PDT

    Three minutes to make an impression? No problem.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 01:02 PM PDT

    From World Zero to Club Hero

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:03 PM PDT

    He's been with me through 8 years and 2 clubs, I'll miss him

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    When you get blessed by the FM gods on youth intake day :D

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:15 PM PDT

    To hell with all those 'Football Manager' applications

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:22 AM PDT

    With FM 2020 coming out next month and FM 2019 slowly coming to a close, what are your major praises and gripes with the game?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:16 PM PDT

    I have three issues: crosses/shots being blocked way too often, too many corners and terrible, terrible shots. I'll keep it brief but essentially the players at times almost seem as if they are aiming for the opposing player when they get a cross or shot off. So many times they could just not do either and pass, I have had several games end 17 shots, 3 on target or something similar because of this. It could definitely be my tactics but even if I have the final third set to Work the ball into the Box, it just produces a similar result. I'm not aggro about the shits to shots on target ratio, it's just how in my experience, too many crosses and shots get blocked.

    Secondly, too many corners as a result of these shots and crosses being blocked. Self explanatory, I feel like the players just could do better.

    Lastly, terrible shots. I have had several situations where all the player has to do is shoot directly in front of them, not under pressure and all the space of the world in front of them, but they just shoot it off target or passes it into the keeper's hands. I'm doing a Barcelona save to pass the time and Messi in it notoriously ends many games with 0% on target. I've tried him as an IF (S) and (A), and tried every thing I could think of to make him more efficient but it's just not working out. Don't get me wrong he is still getting goals and assists, but he's just playing poorly most games. He gets dispossessed so often it's laughable. Headers are another issue, so many just seem to glance the attacker's head leading for it to almost go out for a throw-in.

    Even with those three major issues that I have with the game. I still pump my fist and get excited for every single goal my team scores. I love the game, I just wish the match engine was better.

    submitted by /u/Supevict
    [link] [comments]

    Armenians love me.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 01:45 PM PDT

    RE: 66 goal partnership only may

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:58 PM PDT

    Why does no-one shit on sports interactive for their yearly rehash

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:50 PM PDT

    I mean I don't really care since I buy fm every 2-3 years to experience any significant changes but I am curious since ea and 2k get all this shit for their Fifa, madden, nba series why does no-one complain about the fm series
    I think it is because you don't have to buy the newer game to experience some core features like ultimate teams in the sports games and online features as a whole. What is your take?

    submitted by /u/underachiever13
    [link] [comments]

    This seems like money laundering

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:16 AM PDT

    When games aren't corrupt

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:42 PM PDT

    Wow. I didn't know my Under 23's had THIS in them. John Ward, you let yourself down.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    Beating Athletico Madrid so hard, that half of their supporters don't even bother turning up for the second leg of a CL qtr final.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:26 AM PDT

    Can we call this the Maracanazo 2.0: Electric Boogaloo?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:17 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel