• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 7, 2019

    Football Manager - Every English lower league save

    Football Manager - Every English lower league save


    Every English lower league save

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 05:03 AM PST

    The real reason why we play football manager

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 03:21 PM PST

    when youre 2-0 up in the 85th minute so u go get a drink and come back to it being 2-3 at full time

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 05:42 AM PST

    Me: people who buy fifa every year are fucking idiots.... also me:

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 05:47 AM PST

    When you tell your players to 'get stuck in' and they avoid getting sent off

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 04:31 AM PST

    Choosing the wrong superhero as your goalkeeper.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 09:43 AM PST

    Whole new level saving PK rebound by Milan Skriniar

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 06:48 AM PST

    Borussia Dortmund AI pulled off the deal of the century

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 10:18 AM PST

    No fucker calls it the Energy Check Stadium.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 05:29 AM PST

    The save was going well, Arsenal were 4th at crimbo and France easily made the 2030 world cup. You know what? I kinda just didn't give a fuck, when I look back at the save I made one crucial error; I shouldn't have left Shrewsbury. Celtic, Leipzig, Monaco, France and Arsenal would all have done just fine without me, they still would have spent stupid money and won things. Shrewsbury were not so lucky. After I left Nigel Pearson took over in what became a rollcall of mediocrity. They were relegated back to League One, where they stayed and struggled. They sacked managers year after year. I fucked off and got a nice bit of sunburn while they were left to rot, it feels bad man. It was a wild ride managing all those teams and while it was lovely to be asked, I should have stayed down there and made something more of them. I've been a total dick and besides, kinda want to start a new game with the update.

    I didn't have a hard time choosing a team for the new save, it's a team I've enjoyed managing before many times in FM and I now live just down the road from the stadium. I'm going to be enjoying the struggle of Partick Thistle and oh man, the struggle is real. It's exciting starting a new save, waiting for the save to load up, waiting for that first home screen to pop up. I'm welcomed to the Energy check stadium at Firhill and all I can think is; FFS IT'S FIR-FUCKING-HILL!! I can't get used to modern stadium names, I was talking about Highbury in the previous save, it's just ingrained I guess. I struggle with remembering who the fuck is at the John Smith stadium or the Etihad. It just kinda slides off my brain, I mean I get why re-naming is so important to clubs but it's just one of those things that grinds my gear. I expect I'll be turning up to the Fray Bentos stadium, Squeezy Jif Lemon park or the Durex Dome this season. Fuck big corporate sponsorship man, get it right tae fuck. I do however have a fondness for local sponsorship, that's quite endearing. To see a club with Sammy's fish and chip bar emblazoned across their jersey is smashing, I fucking love that. Fuck your Sony, your Jeep, your Chevrolet and your fucking Emirates, I'll take Jim's mobile repair shop across my jersey any day. I'm not disappointed when a betfair cup game takes me to the Tony Macaroni Arena in Livingston.

    I click through the squad to see what's up and notice Gary Harkins' main position is as an enganche. Fuck me, I can't escape this pish anywhere. Aye mate, so you are, you're an enganche in the Scottish Championship. How the fuck did this happen and where the fuck did it come from? Do kids turn up at training and when asked where they play, they reply "I'm a segundo volante boss." Are you fuck son. You're not a fucking mezzala or carrilero, not a fucking regista, enganche or trequartista, where the fuck do you think you are? I mean, it's nice these terms are more common but they tend to denote a particular style from countries with certain philosophies about football. Sorry pal, this is Thistle, you're a fucking midfielder to me. I have to admit though, I bet the fucking Thistle fans would love this shit. It's a curious mix up the road at Firhill but there's a fair load of wanks from the West End who go to the games. I'm pretty sure it's salmon and pesto parcels washed down with a claret at half time, no a pie and bovril. Fuck it, I don't want to be too unkind to them, takes a hardy soul to follow teams who are and always will be pish.

    Fuck it Harry Wraggs fans, in this save you'll be more than that, we'll build something nice here at the ECSaF, see it sounds fancy now. We'll play pretty football while still crunching any fucker we can, we'll try anyway. There is, of course, no money here at all, no transfer kitty and fuck all wage budget. Kids in the EPL make more a week than we have for our entire running costs. Yas man! Fuck all this shit, this is football. I like the Jags, I like the kit (makes me think of fruit salad sweets), I like the badge and I like the fuck you old firm we're no like that attitude. I'm determined to make a go of this but it is not going to be easy. I sign M'voto, who once actually played football, that's a real boost for us. Our defence is so slow they gather dust during matches, we have one "flair" player, that's the Belgian lad on the wing who can do a step-over without fucking it. It's a bunch of old pros, journeymen and very raw kids. It's a proper fucking fitba team. I of course expect them to play the same way I was getting Monaco to play, if nothing else it's funny. You know what though? Fuck it man, they try. Bless em. As my grandfather would say, God loves a trier. Fucking 10 out of 10 for effort lads, they try switching play, counter-attacking, one twos and I almost faint when I see a backheel that leads to a right banger of a goal. Steady on!

    There's only 2 backroom staff members when I arrive, the club feels kinda empty really. I advertise and there's a decent response, some good staff want to work here. One of my fave players want to be a coach and I fucking beam with pride. Edgar Davids will show you lads how to fucking crack some knees, goodtimes. I also get Terry Butcher and Jari Litmanen in, that's not bad. For some reason loads of Spanish coaches want to work here and the head of youth development looks great. He immediately goes to sign a tasty looking newgen, fucking love it mate. I have high hopes this guy will bring some decent talent in, Jesus do we need it. A talented 17 year old winger, the keeper and a young left-back are about it for future stars.

    Mid-table will do this year and possibly for a few more, there are some serious problems I don't have the resources to fix. I'm a stubborn prick and refuse to change tactics so there can be no complaints from me about the inevitable painful highlights I'll see this year. The defence is so fucking slow, it looks like they're running through toffee, any striker with 10 for pace will leave them for dust. It's a fairly small team, we'll concede from set-pieces all day long and being aggressive with pish decision making, we'll concede loads of free-kicks. You know what? So fuck. They'll bastarding score against us anyway, no matter how we play. Might as well go out and try to play football for the fans. An unexpected bright spot is the young keeper who plays out his skin every game. He saves penalties, he comes for crosses, tips efforts over the bar, fuck man he's everywhere. There's a couple of times a game when we turn it on and it's nice to see, they are fucking trying man and that's all I can ask. Try and I'll be happy, most of these teams should be beating us but never give up lads, just keep going. While it's a straight red, watching M'voto burst himself to lumber across the line and slide right through some cunt who's speeding in on goal is immense. The tackle is so late I assume he took it off the Scotrail timetable. He wanted it though man, he wasn't going to let them score. That's it lads, get the fuck right intae them!

    We go out of the irn-bru cup to Sligo Rovers, just one of those days man. One goal on the break and they defended well. We hit the post and bar a few times, fuck it, prefer shit like this in a cup really. I like to think the main prize was a case of original irn-bru, that's the real pisser of going out. It would also explain why Scottish teams win it, fuck there ain't much we wouldn't do in Glasgow for original irn-bru. We beast through the betfair league cup to the quarters where Aberdeen fuck us 6-1, could have been more. One each at half-time, they just took my slow as fuck defence to the cleaners in the second, it was always bound to happen. My poor wee keeper has his first shite game, fair enough son you've been smashing otherwise. We're 3rd at crimbo and might just make the playoffs, Caley Thistle are about twenty points ahead of everyone but we're the only ones to have beaten them so far. Yas boys! We'll take any fucker on, in the league that is.

    As the season has spun on we've been playing really well, there's been many a prawn sandwich and glass of Chablis dropped from the fans celebrating. Our half-full, tiny stadium will be pleased with how well these average first division players have been doing. The big downside for me is the finances. Man, we're just rooked. If we have a pot to piss in, I ain't seen it, prolly being hogged by the board. Bastards. I'll likely have to sell a few of the kids everyone is interested in, my 17 year old winger and outstanding left-back. The squad is too big anyway but I'd have rather sold others, ah well, never mind. There's always plenty more players in the database.

    Sorry I binned the last save, for those who seem interested in my ramblings from the cote d'azur to Lahndan. I'm sure the trials of a small Scottish team won't be as interesting but I'll just say what my aim for this save is; I want to stop the old firm and make Thistle the biggest team in Glasgow. Not much really, just that. Perhaps I should show some ambition in a save :)

    submitted by /u/mmps1
    [link] [comments]

    Managing in London be like:

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 08:34 AM PST

    I think its fair to say that things like these is why I keep going back to the Social Feed

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 12:02 PM PST

    What happens when a team goes bankrupt?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 02:32 PM PST

    Haha, don't you just love it when your keeper decides to let every shot on target in? Brick Wall.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 04:28 PM PST

    I was rather close to storming the cockpit of my Ryanair flight and just crashing into the Alps when this happened.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 06:14 AM PST

    Business.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 02:24 PM PST

    Devourer of Time

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 12:57 PM PST

    Does anyone else feel that the latest FM games are just that little bit too time consuming?

    I just find that there is so so much to do and to deal with that it often just puts me off playing the thing especially after a day at work.

    There are definitely pros to all the added extras over the years but I honestly think I preferred the slightly simpler formats to the game (2011/12 etc.)

    Maybe it's just me as the games are great fun once you've gotten into it but I really do struggle sometimes.

    Maybe it's just symbiotic of my lessening love for the sport as a whole............

    submitted by /u/flaccidChoad
    [link] [comments]

    Damn you, foreign clubs clause.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 12:31 PM PST

    I only scored 2 goals on that awful team with my awful team, they scored an own goal

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 12:55 PM PST

    My starting right back bought on deadline day, what do?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 02:43 PM PST

    So, deadline day with 1 hour to go, my starting (4star) right back was bought out with his release clause (the board only give me 25% transfer fee anyway), leaving me with only a 21 y/o 2 star prospect that might max out at 3.5 stars, and no chance of being able to bring anyone decent in.

    What can I do in this situation?

    submitted by /u/ECompany101
    [link] [comments]

    Very unlikely winner in the 19/20 Bundesliga

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 05:30 AM PST

    Never seen Fans refunded before

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 08:11 AM PST

    Any tips for the intermediate player?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 08:58 PM PST

    This is my first FM and I got it about a week after launch. I got to 2027 with arsenal and man u winning 1ucl and 2 epl. Now I started a new save with Milan and I'm trying to make them a powerhouse again.

    With man u I found myself spending way to much on players. For example, in 2027 pogba was on 650k a week with +10% every year.(TBF he was banging them in that season) I also stupidly spent 180mil on 28 year old rabiot and he was shit.

    I also had a few good buys.I had a German regen that I bought for 6 mil who was getting 130mil bids by age 21.

    So I guess, how do you develop players that may not seem to have the best potential?

    submitted by /u/aidenpop2
    [link] [comments]

    I try to understand why am I playing Hockey Manager

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 07:32 AM PST

    Players to coaches

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 11:41 AM PST

    What players/ex players do you always try and add to your backroom staff? Any underrated staff that you sign?

    submitted by /u/Anonymous__9
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel