• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 11, 2020

    Football Manager - Perfect day

    Football Manager - Perfect day


    Perfect day

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Good but not quite a 10.0

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    Seriously, where’s the fun in that?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    I want to cry

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    Anybody else know fuck all about tactics but can balance the shit out of a budget/wage bill?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    I couldn't tell you the difference between a mezzala, carrilero or raumdeuter or what formation fits my squad the best but give me a year to pay off the club's debts, offload deadweight, and get the wage bill under control and I'll get it done.

    submitted by /u/Ultralight_Cream
    [link] [comments]

    I've created a dynasty ����

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Equal on points, behind on goal difference. I knew I needed a huge win to even have a chance of clinching the Premier League on the final day..

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    Leeds manager calling Manchester United "tinpot" after being spanked 5-0 by them has me dying of laughter ��

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    What are your pettiest moments in Football Manager?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    I was thinking about some of the pettiest moments I've had in my playing career and was wondering if you guys have funnier stories than mine? My ones include:

    - In FM14, one player who I only signed for merchandising purposes was causing trouble by demanding a move, going AWOL on training days and REJECTING contract offers from other teams (despite wanting to leave). He was on a fairly hefty wage, so I decided to send him to train with the U18s and fine him two weeks' wages at every possible opportunity. Eventually at one point he decided to calm down and requested to be removed from the transfer list, but I ignored him and continued fining him until the next transfer window. In the end I sold him for £1 (yes, one pound).

    - In FM13, I decided to savescum the last game of the season in order to ensure that Spurs were relegated. Took around 15 attempts as other teams around them kept losing, but I was determined to do it and sacrificed a 15 match unbeaten streak to pull it off. Did something similar with Liverpool a season or two later. They both became perennial yo-yo clubs afterwards.

    - My current journeyman save, I took over a team who were struggling and had an on loan striker who hadn't scored in centuries. Being the nice manager that I am, I spoke to him about his performances and said that I had faith in him to get back to his scoring ways. Rather than positively receiving it, he decided to argue with me. So I sent him back to his parent club straight after the conversation without giving him an opportunity to play in my team. He retired a few seasons later (aged 27 I think).

    Anyone have any stories of their pettiest moments?

    submitted by /u/Eugenius_007
    [link] [comments]

    I just won my first league :) from division 5 to top of the table in 9 seasons

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    2019/20 - 2028/29 Transfer ban until 2069

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    I've seen this be done once and I thought I'd give it a crack. All clubs with a reputation of 3500 or higher have been a transfer ban until 2069. I have loaded all leagues and the results are very interesting.

    LaLiga Santander

    2019/20 - 2028/29

    Complete dominance by Barcelona but Real Madrid have made a resurgence in the later years. Stand out player is definitely Pedri - he's gone on to make 748 appearances, scoring 300 goals for Barcelona.

    Premier League

    2019/20 - 2028/29

    It's been a battle of the northwest with Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd sharing the title for 10 years. There a lot of lower leagues teams working their way up the leagues but none have made it to the premier league. The only surprise so far is Bournemouth finishing third in 2023/24 and making it to the quarter-final of the Champions League the following year, only to be knocked out by Juventus. There haven't been any outstanding players, however, the captain of Liverpool, Trent Alexander-Arnold won Best Player of the Year in 2027/28 & 2028/29.

    Serie A TIM

    2019/20 - 2028/29

    Juventus had the early dominance, winning the league in 2019/20 & 2020/21, however, they have not won it since. Roma and Inter Milan have knocked Juventus off their pedestal. Inter have been led by Sebastiano Esposito who scored 373 goals in 620 appearances. We're yet to see a lower league team challenge the top 7 YET.

    Bundesliga

    2019/20 - 2028/29

    It is of no surprise that Bayern Munich has won it all but once in the last 10 years. Erling Haaland won Best Player from 2019/20 to 2023/24. He then seemed to forget about the transfer ban, joining Jaden Sancho in 2024/25 without a club - both players eventually retired at the age of 25 as they struggled to find a club. Frank Baier is the outstanding player so far, scoring 290 goals in 566 appearances for Bayern Munich. KFC Uerdingen 05 have been the surprise package, after getting back to back promotions they found themselves in the Bundesliga in 2025/26 they had something no other team had - a reputation lower than 3500 and they did not hold back. They've managed to finish in a Champions League spot every year and finish 2nd in 2028/29 - Exciting times ahead!

    Ligue 1 Conforama

    As expected, PSG dominated the league being led by Kylian Mbappe who has scored 568 goals in 838 appearances. However, in the last couple of years, Lyon has gained control of the league as PSG struggle to make Europe. Nothing surprising yet, but Nantes are working their way up and have a young, exciting team to get their first title since 2000/01.

    FIFA World Cup

    2022

    CAMEROON! Finishing second in their group, they managed to convincingly (clean sheets in all games) beat Holland, Portugal & Belgium in the knockout stages and Tsiy-William Ndenge secured their first World Cup with a 119th-minute goal against Italy.

    2026

    HOLLAND! Lead by Virgil Van Dijk, Matthijs De Ligt & Ki-Jana Hoever in defence, they managed to keep a clean sheet in every game before smashing Germany for five goals in the final.

    Side Note: It's interesting to see the Brazilian/Argentinian clubs smashing the Europeans clubs in the early season friendlies as they're able to keep their youngsters.

    Please let me know if there are any leagues/team that you'd specifically like to know more about. I will be doing 10 year weekly updates as my save progresses

    submitted by /u/pledgeymds
    [link] [comments]

    Regen names do make me laugh!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    First game ever using my ‘defenderless 4-3-3’

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    Closest title race of my entire FM career (2024/25 National League)

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    Topical ...

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 07:11 PM PDT

    Can't decide what's worse, the fact they planned a testimonial for him against Arbroath or the fact they've pied us off

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    Bit of a tongue twister

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    For Norwich fans

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Nobody else to share this with but 5 seasons in, first time I’ve ever got this!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:01 AM PDT

    Just completed my best ever comeback, games like this are why I love FM because it makes me scream at my computer in a good way

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    I JUST SOLD Pellegri ($124m to Man Utd), Pellegrini ($81m to PSG) and Schick ($79m to PSG)

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    Roma in my current save. Have about $250m in funds now.

    Have Arp returning on loan on form with 30 goals. Cristiano Ronaldo coming in as a free agent at 38. Fabio Silva banging 40+ goals. Plus 2 other Wonderkids up front 1 to loan 1 to rotate with Ronaldo.

    Any recommendation on Wonderkids in CM and CB?? Need a solid CM now tho.

    submitted by /u/hwyx24
    [link] [comments]

    What happened here��

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Project Team Reddit Update #1

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Okay guys, so here's the update! It's a long one!

    I am overwhelmed by how many of you want to take part on this! I hoped we could at least reach 16 players so we can get a full team + reserves, but to my surprise.. we've got over 30 applications! That's crazy!

    I took every single one of you in the order in which you commented on the original post.

    So.. I needed a way to gather the information

    From each of you (Name, nationality, age, preferred role etc).
    I knew that the best method was to create a survey/questionnaire and send it to each of you in private.
    So I've found this really cool website that allowed me to make a really nice one. The problem? The trial version only allowed for 10 questions per survey. So that was a bit dissapointing, because I really liked the format and I REALLY needed more than 10 questions. So moments before giving up on it, I noticed that you could create 2 surveys, and put 10 questions in each. So 2 surveys = 20 questions. Great! So that's what I've done.

    This is how the survey looks.

    Now having the required tool to collect all the information, I've started PM-ing the first 30 people that commented on my original post. Meanwhile, I created an Excel file in which I stored all the information I received from the surveys.

    Here is a link to the file: link (I deleted the names from this version, because I want to respect your privacy. And the "Captain" column is secret. I will let you guys decide which one had the best speech, but it will be anonymous. More on that in the next update!) - Please check for mistakes if you are one of the registered players!

    Anyway… in the Excel sheet you'll notice 2 columns. Survey1 and Survey2. To the people whom I've sent the surveys.. I've marked an "x" on it. Those who have completed it are colored in yellow, and their information have been added to the file. The rest, I am still waiting for them to complete the surveys.

    You'll also find a "Waiting List" at the bottom of the sheet. Those are the people that commented but didn't make it in the first 30. If I don't receive all the surveys in time, I will start PM-ing people on the waiting list. I think that's pretty fair.

    Okay, now lets talk about the club!

    There are 3 big questions I need answer to:

    • The name of the club?

    I honestly like "FC Reddit United". But if you guys have other ideas, please let me know!

    • The club badge?

    From the survey, most of you have chosen badge #6. So I guess I'll modify that one and stick with it. We'll see at the end which one wins.

    • The team's budget.

    Small? Big? I don't want the team to struggle financially, but I don't want to have an unrealistic budget either. So.. yeah.. Let me know what you guys think.

    So now we have have to address the elephant in the room. How I decided to chose each player's position, shirt number and potential ability!

    Position – I've decided the best way around this is to ask in the surveys which position you prefer and which one would you avoid playing if possible.

    It's obvious that most of us want to play an offensive role and score as many goals as possible. To become the team's legend!

    Of course, it's not possible to have a team full of attackers. So that being said.. I thought that my method of chosing was pretty fair for everyone:

    First of all. I will take into consideration for each and single one of you, the "disliked role" answer from the survey. If you don't want to play as a GK, then that's fine! Nobody is forcing you. But If you want to play ST.. you'll need a bit of luck.

    The ones that picked defensive roles (GK, LB/RB, CB/DM) will most likely receive the roles they wanted!

    The ones that picked offensive roles (AML/AMR, CF/ST) will go through a random online picker. I'll put your name into the generator, and let it chose a role for you.

    We have a 30 players team. So I figured out we'll need:

    3x GK

    2x LB

    2x RB

    5x CB

    2x DM/CM

    4x CM/AMC

    3x ML/AML

    3x MR/AMR

    2x CF/ST

    4x ST

    Shirt Numbers – Again, difficult to please everyone. But that's why in the survey I've asked each one of you for 5 favorite numbers. You might not get your lucky #7 or mighty #10, but I'll promise you that you'll have one of the 5 you picked.

    Potential Ability - First, I think I need to explain this a bit for everyone (maybe not all of you know what Current Ability – CA and Potential Ability - PA are).

    Current Ability represents the football ability, talent or skillz you currently have. It scales from 1 to 200. 1 being potato level and 200 being Messi's talent in Ronaldo's body level. All of the players WILL START with the CA of 100!

    Now the Potential Ability.. As the name implies, the PA is the potential of your ability/talent growth. If you have a Current Ability of 100, and a Potential Ability of 150. That means there is space for you to progress and become a better player! A much better player! But if you have a PA of 150 that doesn't necessarily mean you will actually REACH that level. You might never reach it, hell, you might even decline pass your original CA of 100. The only certain thing is that you won't become a 200 CA player if your PA is 150. You won't pass 150.

    So that being said. How do I decide on what PA everyone will have? I will let the game chose. When I create each one of you, I will insert a PA of 120-200. That means that everyone will have a chance at 200 PA, and the lowest will be 120.

    That being said.. Whats NEXT?

    Well.. now the "fun" part starts for me. I'll create every single player and input their info into the game.

    After that I will post a second update in which I'll show everyone's playing position and shirt number!

    Hopefully by then I will have all the surveys completed, and the answer to my 3 questions.

    I plan to finish the team tonight. So expect the next update in 24 hours from now!

    "I'm on the waiting list! What about me?"

    You're in luck mate!

    Sadly, you won't play for the best team in the world. No.. you won't. But you'll still be able to play for their biggest RIVALS!

    Yup. I've decided to create a second team, in which all the people that didn't make it in the first 30, but wanted a chance at being part of this.. can still be part of it!

    I'll let you guys come up with a name for the Rival team, and a badge too if any of you have suggestions!

    You can all thank /u/senormuchoscojonnes for the idea! And for that, he'll be the Captain of the Rival team!

    Thank you all for being part of this!

    Edit1: For everyone who commented on my original post and made it into the first 30 players, but DIDN'T completed the surveys yet. Please do it in the next couple of hours or else your spot will be taken by someone from the "Waiting List"!

    So far I haven't got the surveys or complete surveys from:

    /u/PA250

    /u/Shlaab_Allmighty

    /u/belabinda

    /u/GrammarTotalitarian1

    /u/FrozoneMcHatchetsac

    /u/MrMeatlog

    Please hurry up! :)

    Edit2: I'm sorry for the ones who didn't sent the surveys in time, but time's up! I am deeply sorry to drop you from the team, but others deserve the chance too and I can't wait any longer.

    If you come back with a reply before I finish the Rival team, I will add you in their team!

    So now I will start PM-ing the ones on the waiting list. The first 5 to answer will get a spot in the main team, the others will go in the Rival team :)

    Edit3: Congrats to the following players, as they managed to get the last remaining 5 spots in the main team:

    /u/leopardchief

    /u/ratemeonly

    /u/AaltoSax

    /u/Lousykid123

    /u/Deecat1

    On the Rival team we also have 5 other players who completed their surveys and registered into the team. I will allow a few more applications before I put an end to it and start working on the game!

    FinalEdit: Okaaaay guys, gates are closed! I got my full team of 30 players + another Rival team to create. I'll start working on the teams now and tomorrow I'll post the update with the final details put in place. We might even have our first match tomorrow! Exciting stuff :)

    submitted by /u/ToniQue7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel