• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 30, 2020

    Football Manager - I see you Bernd Nehrig

    Football Manager - I see you Bernd Nehrig


    I see you Bernd Nehrig

    Posted: 30 May 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    It finally happened. Have you ever seen such a beautiful thing?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    Me: "I want to buy my own wonder kids".... General Manager: "We have wonderkids at home".....The wonderkids at home:

    Posted: 30 May 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    Community Shield. I am winning 2-1 over Liverpool on injury time, I have a freekick on attack and my sweeper keeper decides to help the team by going up the field... he just does THIS.

    Posted: 30 May 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    Just when I tought, "This will cost me my invincible season"

    Posted: 30 May 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    I think I need a lie down

    Posted: 30 May 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    Me like... All the time

    Posted: 30 May 2020 12:12 AM PDT

    My new £58 million pound striker who hasn’t played a game yet. Yay

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    I love the fans, they are the best

    Posted: 30 May 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    Best player I had while managing Swaziland. 441 club goals and 185 INTL goals. Barcelona bought him for 175M and he played 3 years on the B squad. Went to Chelsea and dominated Europe for over a decade.

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    Tonali turning down Barcelona to stay at Brentford, we love to see it

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    This is probably my biggest achievement in FM ever

    Posted: 30 May 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    Guess the clue was in the name...

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    My player out on loan to Levente scored 8 in one game.

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:39 PM PDT

    Down 4-0 on aggregate at HT, I almost managed to pull off the greatest comeback of my FM career...

    Posted: 30 May 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    I turn Young Boys into Old Boys, part 1

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    Part 1 Inspired by all of the great story driven content on this subreddit, I thought to myself; "what is the stupidest challenge I can set for myself".

    I thought about something that was counter to how many play the game, something… off-meta. Of course the most meta way of playing the game is buying regens and getting the next Messi. So I thought I should only play with older players, at first I thought 27 or up, but 30 is a nice round number. As for the club; I always play as an English club, however there is the famous Young Boys team, which I thought would be stupid enough. I now have a team and a stupid challenge; I will find my objective when I play the game.

    And one more thing, I do very rarely savescum, however I have made a deal with myself. If I savescum I delete the save, whatever happens… happens.

    I load in, from the third mail I can tell this is going to be hard:

    Well I might as well do a purge of all of the players under 29 since I will have no use for them. I hope this doesn't make the board and fans too mad, and maybe give me some money which to spend on those young hot 30 year olds.

    First I check the keepers, the backbone of any team. My best keeper is a 24 year old swiss player, but to my delight I find that the 36 year old Marco Wölfli is someone I can use.

    Moving on to the defense… I find no players under 29, all useless, and instantly transfer listed.

    In midfield I find Fabian Lustenberger a pretty good 31 year old midfielder who can also play CB. Young, versatile, and good teamwork he will surely come in useful.

    I should probably mention my tactics about now. I have always and will always play a 4-2-3-1 I think I have used this since FM12 and while the roles may change the positions will now. I play with a right footed inside winger on the left and a classical cross-laying defense destroying right footed right winger. Chiesa has often done this job to near perfection, but it will be many moons until that is a possibility. I will also setup a tactic where the AM switches to a DM so I can close out games with a defensive substitution.

    Now onto the wingers… And that is where I see him, out of nowhere Miralem Sulejmani, my god is he beautiful, 30 years young, my best player in the team, a key goal scoring position. I am in heaven and Miralem is caressing me, and I am loving every second…

    But I digress; he will surely prove himself as a valuable asset.

    At the top I find Guillaume Hoarau he looks like a very good goal scorer albeit being 35 years old, if I can get a proper winger he will surely tear up the league as he did last year with 24 goals in 28 apps. He will surely have at least 2 great seasons under my domain.

    I have my 4 men as my only building blocks, I have a friendly vs Münsingen in 26 days, I will need to have my squad ready by then. Ohh and I have figured out my end-goal…

    Win the Europa League.

    submitted by /u/Frohling13
    [link] [comments]

    How Good Can I Make the Worst National Team in the World? Episode 2: Ashton Lee’s Like a Melody in My Head

    Posted: 30 May 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    EPISODE 1: Link

    We return to our story on the 15th of November 2019, and to the Estadio Mateo Flores in Guatemala City. My Anguilla team are 2-0 down after 45 minutes. Considering that my current plan is more about saving face than winning games, Guatemala threw a shot our way every 2 minutes and we're performing better than we did at this point in the home fixture, I welcome progress. Our technique of crowding the penalty area and forcing them to shoot from range is saving our blushes, while 16 year old Kieran Gumbs is our best player on the pitch, letting no man in a white shirt enter the box. It took two 20 yard Hail Marys from José Contreras to cause our deficit. In the end, the second half produced nothing of note except a couple of close chances on our part. Still, losing by two goals and keeping a clean sheet for almost an hour away at Guatemala? Well you can see what Fraser Hopkins of 90min.com had to say about it.

    I feel a sense of foreboding confidence going into Puerto Rico at home, mostly because it's a meaningless fixture, although we'd need to win by more than three goals to not finish bottom. Only Saint Martin and Bonaire have scored as few goals as we have in the Nations League Division C, and only the former have a worse difference. It's time to knuckle down and get an honourable result in The Valley. Might be hard since my ball winning midfielder and left winger are suspended, but we can always try.

    I was pretty proud about the way the first half went. We flubbed a couple of good chances but we defended well for a goalless half. The defensive performance continued and 0-0 was the scoreline at the end of the game. We didn't score against them, but we kept them at bay for a point and surprised everybody in what was definitely our best result so far.

    Fast forward a couple of weeks and the groups for the World Cup Qualifiers, which begin next September, have been drawn. I actually want to die and if we get 1 point I'll be doing cartwheels.

    I felt it was time to organise some friendlies against some similarly ranked teams to hopefully build up some ranking points, so the deal was thus: Turks & Caicos Islands and Bahamas in March, British Virgin Islands in June. Then Bahamas cancelled and so we're playing Cuba, a team 27 places higher on the rankings, instead. Top bants.

    The first half against Turks & Caicos was rocky, but we ended up in front and I owe it all to Leroy Burris, the 18 year old debutant who assisted both our first half goals from corners. Ashton Lee's direct free kick completed the trilogy, and marked time since 2006 (as far as I can find) that Anguilla scored three or more in a single match. The tactic makes any team I use it with concede quite a lot of improbable long shots - and Marco Fenelus' injury time rocket was no different - but by then the game had been won. 3-2 in my first ranked victory was nothing to sniff at. The rankings were published on the same day, and had us at 205th; on equal footing with the team we'd just beaten and leaving The Bahamas as the worst team in North America. How they qualified for the Gold Cup playoffs I'll never know.

    Next was the Cuba game, and while I didn't expect much, 3-0 down after 20 minutes was unacceptable. Luckily, we immediately replied and the final score was 4-1, which was about what I wanted overall. I had hoped for our fortunes to get better against the British Virgin Islands, and then we found ourselves 1-0 down in the first half having failed to register a shot on target. Johnathan Guisham gave us hope in the second half, but we had ten men in the box and none of them could jump for the worst free kick goal I've ever seen in FM. Absolutely hopeless..

    Tune in next episode where I document our already doomed campaign to qualify for the World Cup.

    submitted by /u/Beanzie02
    [link] [comments]

    1st self-made kits

    Posted: 30 May 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    1st self-made kits

    Inspired by amazing kit work of locals, I decided to present you kits that I made for reaching Premier League with Loughborough Dynamo in my FM 18 career.

    https://preview.redd.it/f9ex7mxbqz151.png?width=743&format=png&auto=webp&s=485da39d7b57bd3c27f23f1bc8e9c904bfe46a4e

    submitted by /u/_setup_
    [link] [comments]

    How do I keep my player as a 'model citizen'

    Posted: 30 May 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    Just bought a player who is a model citizen.. in my previous saves.. my players have always changed their personality (usually negative). Now do.i make sure they retain their personality?

    I buy regens who are 16-19 btw.

    submitted by /u/adamcos1
    [link] [comments]

    No means no

    Posted: 30 May 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    Low Natural Fitness a deal breaker?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    Things you love to see

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Year 2024, Messi and Ronaldo are playing in the same team

    Posted: 30 May 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    Salford City FC custom kits, request by u/shanellerw. Really loved to put that giant lion on third kit. I hope David Beckham, Ryan Giggs and Neville Brothers are happy with this work as owners of the club!

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel