• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 8, 2019

    Football Manager - Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 08/12/2019

    Football Manager - Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 08/12/2019


    Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 08/12/2019

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:12 AM PST

    Please use this thread as a place to ask questions that are specific to your save, such as:

    • "Why is my tactic not working?"

    • "What role should I play this player in?"

    • "I have £xxm to spend, who should I buy?"

    If you are asking for tactical help/advice, please post an image of your formation and what insutructions/roles you have set.

    As a rule of thumb, if you ask a question, answer a question. This is what keeps this thread alive and useful.

    submitted by /u/FMG_AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My wingback receiving the the ball my keeper just cunted up the pitch

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:29 PM PST

    Works every time.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 12:21 AM PST

    I turned Millwall into the most aggressive team in the world - Part II

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:57 AM PST

    I turned Millwall into the most aggressive team in the world - Part II

    Link to Part I

    Foreword

    Honestly I didn't expect the first segment of this to be as well received as it was, so thanks to everyone's kind comments about it! That said, there's now an expectant crowd waiting updates, and I'm now trying to live up to expectations! I feel kind of like a demented, foul-happy George RR Martin...

    Anyway, on with Part II

    Staff Appointments

    Anyone who's ever built a dynasty on Football Manager will know that it's key to get the backroom staff right. I still want genuinely good staff, but prioritise anyone with high Discipline. I considered whether the opposite might in fact work best, but really I want this place to be run like the marines. I need to get the players to be willing to die for the cause.

    Yet again Millwall's low reputation precedes us, with Duncan Ferguson, Roy Keane, Lee Bowyer, Joey Barton, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Muscat, and, most disappointingly, an unemployed Jens Lehmann all refusing to even talk to me... In desperation I even try to lure Mark van Bommel from his managerial role at PSV, but get nowhere...

    https://preview.redd.it/96suj8nmrd341.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=228f280dedf7e82b04a98be420899fc9ed961edf

    In the end I still overhaul the entire staff department, albeit with less well-known grafters. Scott Fitzgerald, despite his opposition to many of the individual training regimes I've set the entirety of the playing staff on, keeps his job due to his high Discipline. The Director of Football, however, is sacked. I am the boss here.

    Kick Off

    Pre-season didn't go well, with only nine yellow cards and no red cards in our six friendlies. Maybe the players need more of an edge to the games, and I make a mental note to arrange juicier fixtures next season. Seven straight games against Leeds United should get the team in the right frame of mind.

    Our season opener at home to Preston ends in a thrilling three-all draw, with new signing Kenji-Van Boto scoring a brace from left wing back. The fans go home elated, but I am less than impressed and tell the players this in no uncertain terms - only a single booking all game, and that from a substitute (Ben Thompson) is completely unacceptable.

    I consider changing tactics - maybe the press is the wrong approach? But it's early days, and I instead only tweak a couple of player roles to help them combat the enemy further up the pitch. Against West Brom in the next match things click for the first time, with twenty-nine fouls committed and five bookings. We lose 3-0, but I go home happy. It's finally a step in the right direction, and proof that my methods can work.

    Gegenfouling

    The next three games pose something of an existential question. We win all three, including a 4-3 epic against Middlesbrough, committing a solid 81 fouls in total, but receive only a single booking. Is this what I want? Is a horrible 1-0 victory away at Fulham, with 26 fouls committed, in line with my philosophy if there are no bookings at all? I have no answer to this.

    https://preview.redd.it/st7uz5dxsd341.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0f982f91e1d3122d742e6de74b81898eea709a71

    Over the course of the first half of the season things do improve with regard to the number of cards received, but I begin to realise that my players seemingly take it in turns to do niggly fouls that break the game up constantly, rather than the full-blooded assaults I desire. I christen this tactical style Gegenfouling. It will do for now, but it seems I've created a Mourinho-esque team of horrible little bastards rather than an all-action, hard-hitting team of Felipe Melos. In any case, I defend my players from any criticism of our style.

    https://preview.redd.it/526v6buvrd341.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=cadfc6af7653300ee0c3c748321500c49bc7c612

    Games of the Season (so far)

    Against the baseline of Gegenfouling, there are occasions where everything comes together in a perfect display of vile anti-football. We get a tough draw in the League Cup away at Watford - the first opportunity to show the rest of the country what Millwall are all about - and my players seize the opportunity with both feet:

    https://preview.redd.it/84scmybxrd341.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b2cc4e844feb73a4f8051bd6b4b06a8822e43699

    Other notable games include a heroic home game against QPR, where we commit an incredible thirty-nine fouls, receiving three bookings and a red card before understandably losing 2-0. This is followed by a record seven yellow cards in a gruelling 1-0 win at Huddersfield, leading to our first FA fine of the season for "failure to control our players". If only the FA knew... I treat the fine as a trophy; as proof of our progress. I nail it above the tunnel for the players to touch as they walk past. The very next game we commit twenty-six fouls and hit five yellows, coming up one short of the six required for two disciplinary fines in succession.

    Perhaps the pinnacle of the season so far, however, comes against Nottingham Forest in what the media dub The Battle at the Den. The timeline is a thing of beauty. The FA fail to understand, and hit us with another fine – disappointingly it's the same £5000 as the first.

    https://preview.redd.it/ha6vmvx0sd341.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0ef7394b0de5ee5b1f98f594629d22b4f516770a

    Player Development

    Matchdays aren't everything – player development is integral to what we're trying to do here at Millwall. I'm happy to see that a number of players buy into the philosophy and learn to dive into tackles.

    https://preview.redd.it/hnerxll6sd341.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1185db8c2ace514f1b74c0ac35a942fb44b75931

    Naturally not everyone is cut out for this type of football. Those who fail to adapt are disposed of.

    https://preview.redd.it/lkbcjkh8sd341.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=80646c41e4dc76bcf93a77f881a9678872b7bc45

    Meanwhile, progress in the mentoring groups is disappointingly slow. None of the youngsters have learned how to argue with officials or wind up opponents. I can only hope they pick up these vital skills sooner rather than later, as they are key to our future.

    Mid-Season Review

    And with that, we reach the mid-point of the season. The figures make decent reading, with us well clear of the pack for fouls committed, but we are only narrowly ahead for bookings and red cards have been depressingly elusive. It's a decent foundation to build upon, if nothing else, though considering the aggression levels and the philosophy behind the assembly of the squad, I know an improvement is needed. Bringing in additional shithouse players in January should help.

    https://preview.redd.it/3ftccgnbsd341.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=de76c2943c03f166ba3ddbf2d0ff2f40e7370682

    Astonishingly, we also find ourselves challenging for a playoff spot…! I have no idea how, considering my primary objective is to foul – I am genuinely annoyed if we score a late winner rather than gain a sixth booking or a red card, or if we go more than five minutes without a foul. My least favourite game was genuinely a 3-0 thrashing of Stoke, including a Yeboah-like volley for debutant Billy Mitchell, but we received zero cards.

    https://preview.redd.it/s57t6refsd341.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f49d7f668319fec7d7fad80a297ca7f784498dbe

    I hadn't considered for a second that we could challenge for promotion this season (or ever…), but this presents a quandary of sorts. I shouldn't let the allure of the Premier League alter my footballing ideals, but even so, promotion would allow us to attract the likes of Gary Medel and Pepe to the club.

    In the end I vow not to abandon my principles, and to try to commit more fouls even if this costs us our lofty league position. In the shorter term, with the January transfer window approaching, I can only hope that our playoff form can help convince key targets Scott Brown and Lee Cattermole to sign for us. A man can dream…

    https://preview.redd.it/rpzfmaadsd341.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=09089f515af6b5221380c5d90519744041aa77ea

    submitted by /u/Hurball
    [link] [comments]

    My best ever moment on any FM has just happened

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 09:47 AM PST

    What are you on, Pards?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 02:00 PM PST

    First Game, First Goal in FM 20: A warm welcome in the Vanarama North. I think I am gonna like this game.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 03:23 PM PST

    My Scout is taking Youth scouting a bit far...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:52 AM PST

    Had to share this kid. Probably the best regen I have ever been able to develop.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:20 AM PST

    If I don't pick up 10 points in my next 5 games I'm sacked - Next 3 opponents: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid... Pray for me

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:32 PM PST

    I'm managing Valencia and doing a pretty poor job, I'm 6 games into my second season with only 1 win so far and have just been told that if I don't get 10 points from my next 5 matches then my contract will be terminated... safe to say my career here is over

    UPDATE: I DID IT!!!

    • Started off poorly, losing 3-0 to Real Madrid
    • Went 4141 ultra defensive against Barca and held them at 0-0
    • Did the same against Atletico Madrid and somehow clinched a 1-0 victory
    • Beat Mallorca 2-0 from 2 goals in the final 5 minutes
    • Beat Leganes 2-1 to clinch 10 points and secure my job for now

    RESULTS:

    1) 3-0 L - Real Madrid ||| 2) 0-0 D - FC Barcelona ||| 3) 1-0 W - Atletico Madrid ||| 4) 2-0 W - Mallorca ||| 5) 2-1 W - Leganes

    submitted by /u/Chandlermilligan
    [link] [comments]

    I'm the poorest club in the league, 2nd lowest wage expenditure, and I'm 1st in the Championship. Can someone punch this idiot?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:04 PM PST

    I'm sick of this bug-ridden pile of garbage

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 08:27 AM PST

    I've got the job as Data Analyst at the club i manage on FM Part 7 - Technology and going forward

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 04:30 AM PST

    I've got the job as Data Analyst at the club i manage on FM Part 7 - Technology and going forward

    Hellooooo dear people of r/footballmanagergames yet again, you haven't heard from me in a while.

    From last time i wrote here we started with the Winter League, got a win and a draw. Maybe some of you followed a few updates i had on r/soccer, but i feel like this is my real family right here.

    Here are some updates that happened

    - I finally started developing our youtube channel, you can check out our playerinterviews after yesterday's win here, i am the guy that is on the left on the last part of interview>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHvRsGNt2xY&t=7s if you could subscribe that would be AWESOME!

    - I hired a professional photographer for the last u19 game and last training session so here are some of the pictures with captions of course, so you can maybe find these players someday in FM>>

    Here he is again ! Ognjen Novčić scored important goal for our u19 team to get us the point against strong opposition FK Brodarac , he really has everything at the moment - Skills, Pace, Finishing. He only lacks in discipline but that is going to get better i hope.

    Aleksandar Samardžić, this guy is the guy you want on your FM save, he mainly plays at a CB but can play as a striker which he did in the last u19 game. At only 18 years of age we predict he can be a machine in the future.

    Another young prospect i really like. Nikša Radulović the BOLT , i am not joking when i say he is as fast as Mbappe, of course he has nothing else at the moment but his speed is UNREAL, i couldn't believe my eyes what he manages to catch. He can play as a LW, RW and ST

    - I didn't manage to find more sponsors but i did start a fundraiser for a VEO camera since it would help me a lot with data analysis, i don't have the option of filming games or training sessions for now and it really is a drag.Here is the link for the fundraiser, if you could help every penny counts. I don't want to sound like i am milking something out of this story, cause i'm not, i am still volunteering at the club and only income i have is about 100$ i have on Patreon which i use for promotion of the club.

    https://gogetfunding.com/help-us-buy-a-football-camera/

    I hope we can do something together, if i pull this Fundraiser off that would be one of the biggest achievements in my life.

    Thank you very much for being here for me through my journey as a : Data Analyst, PR, Video Editor, Social Media Manager... and so on !

    Football manager is more than a game.

    submitted by /u/andrej_pav
    [link] [comments]

    I Completed My First Ever Non-League to Legend Season

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 08:44 PM PST

    I've tried to manage a conference club before and each time I've been fired. But I finally completed a full season without being fired. Boy, what a roller coaster!

    I took over Eastleigh in Conference South. My board expected me to win promotion. The season preview listed me as third, so promotion was no lock. After game 20, I never dipped below third. I had a six week run at the top of the table...

    Then I ran into 19th, 20th, 10th, and 15th in the league. I could have put the league to bed. Instead, I took just 4 points from those games. Along with a poor showing in the cups, my board called me into their office. They gave me an ultimatum. 11 points in 5 games or I get the sack. That seemed unfair, I was still 3rd, I had the best goal differential in the league, and led the lead in scoring. Luckily, my team rallied. I took all 15 points from those games, rising back up to 1st, a position I would not relinquish.

    The Summer will be interesting. 16 of my contracts run out at the end of the season. My leading scorer and my DM are both retiring. And I'm bleeding money, currently $2.5 million in debt, with no great candidates to sell for some quick cash. Still, I'm looking forward to this journey continuing.

    submitted by /u/JayR17
    [link] [comments]

    Took until 2028 to decide...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:04 AM PST

    If you're not using wingbacks on fm20 you're doing it wrong

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 04:29 AM PST

    I AM THE SEN..BOARD!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 12:05 PM PST

    It's 2022 & Rashford plays CM both for Manchester United and Sean Dyche's England (I'm at Atletico Madrid)

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:56 AM PST

    What's on the menu?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:03 PM PST

    Half-time speech:100

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 09:47 PM PST

    FM clubs jersey challenge

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:56 PM PST

    Long story short, I've decided in 2020 I want to get a jersey from each club I've grown fond of over the years playing Football Manager and I'm wondering has anyone tried this with clubs before? And were they successful with some of the more obscure clubs?

    The clubs on my list (and the perceived difficulty in obtaining one) are: Shamrock Rovers (own) Borussia Dortmund (own) Ajax (own)

    1860 Munich (easy) Budapest Honved (easy) IFK Malmo (Appears impossible) Boca Juniors (fairly easy) Inter Milan (easy) Cabinteely (I'm based in Ireland so this should be easy)

    And from FM 20 so far: Nashville SC (They've no shop online yet) Hebei China Fortune (unsure) Pohang Steelers (unsure)

    Would love to know if people have tried this and if they've had success!

    submitted by /u/moprice
    [link] [comments]

    My brazilian hidden gem just beat out Mbappe for the European Golden Boy in his first season at my club not even 6 months in

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:55 PM PST

    2.5 seasons in, Our most consistently just-above-average central defender

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:53 PM PST

    Captain Tsubasa in Football Manager 2020

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:58 PM PST

    Hello, I do not know if someone has already done it or is doing anything, but hey, in any case, I am doing it, create Captain Tsubasa players to add them to the game in their respective clubs, I also have I plan to add some trainers and whatever I can think of.

    Before I put the potential and statistics I would like that if any of you have read the manga you would help me by making this list ready to see how good I do each player in the game.

    I will make another post when I finish editing each player so that anyone who is interested can download the database.

    https://tiermaker.com/create/captain-tsubasa-tier-players-221192

    submitted by /u/AriieSiiS
    [link] [comments]

    Question about creating a 2010/11 database

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:30 PM PST

    Alright so I had a question about making a 2010 database that would include players from now. (Academy players would be their respective ages that they would be in 2010 Example: Mbappe would be 11 in Monaco's youth academy) But I wanted to ask, would the best course of action be deleting all the players and re-adding them into the game with their respective stats and info from the time? or would it be best to keep the players and just add in the ones who have already retired?

    I also wanted to ask how I would go about doing this, as I have fairly basic knowledge of the editor would I just need to change the players club and other information or would I need to do something else?

    Thanks in advance yall.

    submitted by /u/CaptainDank0
    [link] [comments]

    Big Spinal Tap fan I see...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:01 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel