• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 7, 2019

    Football Manager - Please don't leave me

    Football Manager - Please don't leave me


    Please don't leave me

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:02 AM PST

    I'm leaving my club at the end of the season, and my chairman and DoF are going berserk and selling the entire team.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 11:10 AM PST

    So I'm doing a journeyman in FM19(I only buy the odd number FMs so I'm skipping FM2020) and after GKS Tychy and Saturn Ramenskoye I've found my club in Wisła Kraków in the Polish Ekstraklasa.

    After taking over mid-season, I led the club to a 2nd place finish, narrowly missing out on the title at the last hurdle.

    The following season I won the league and then proceeded to win it 2 more times.

    My 5th season overall has recently started, and I got a job interview from Sevilla. My Wisła are closer to Sevilla than you'd think - the value of the club changed from 10 million pounds to 130 million pounds after a couple of great seasons in the CL(Got to the group stage 3 times, got through to the knockout rounds 2 times) but it was still a no-brainer to go to the Spanish club, but I didn't want to leave the team I've built right away.

    I signed a deal to wait to the end of the season, but the chairman proceeded to delegate all transfer responsibilities to the DoF, who's now:

    • Sold my starting centre-back partnership, causing me to start retraining my 190cm tall DM to centreback and playing him there;

    • Then fucking sold said 190cm tall DM, leaving me with 2 centre backs at the club, unable to recall any player from their loan;

    • Sold my starting left-back;

    • Attempted to sold my best forward in Rafael Leao (who, luckily, rejected the contract offer, love you, Rafael)

    • Attempted to set my team against me by literally fucking selling my best players (which I fortunately kept to one unhappy player because I'm a genius man-manager);

    • Attempted to sell my club captain midfielder.

    And I can't even resign for some reason.

    Fuck you, Sarapata, and fuck you, Glowacki.

    submitted by /u/Slugling
    [link] [comments]

    Seems about right

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:46 PM PST

    Its a cruel game sometimes

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 12:36 PM PST

    FM19 how to lose a 55 undefeated streak

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 12:05 PM PST

    The Balon d’Or Award is broken

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 04:01 PM PST

    So in my Frankfurt save, Haaland just had the season of his life, scoring 85 goals in all comp with an 8.02 rating winning the Bundesliga and UCL yet it wasn't even top three, Mbappe won for the fourth time in a row. So does the league have something to do with winning this ?

    submitted by /u/randySTG
    [link] [comments]

    I guess I'm sorry

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 03:03 PM PST

    That looks wrong

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 12:28 PM PST

    yeah.. i am in love with these regens (FM19)

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:42 PM PST

    Thank you FM, you helped me get a job 6 years before and now I am killing it.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 03:24 AM PST

    I come from India and was jobless 6-7 months out of college. Then I attended another interview where I managed to clear 3 rounds and was having a 1-1 with a techie.

    It was kind of a whiteboard interview where he wanted me to write out some logics. I am pretty sure I bombed it. Then he turned my resume and saw my hobbies. It read,

    "Successfully managed to clear High School and college despite having clocked more than 4000+ hours of Football Manager, a football management simulation game"

    And what did you know, he was too a FM addict. We spoke the next 20 minutes about the game and our strategies and he promised me a role if I could come back in a week better prepared in certain topics. I did and I was hired.

    Now, I am with the same company, I didn't meet this guy after the interview but nevertheless loving my work here.

    So, I guess Thank You FM? Those 4000+ hours was all not for nothing like my entire family told me.

    submitted by /u/whydoieven_1
    [link] [comments]

    This F***ing game!

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 03:14 PM PST

    Played the game since CM yadda yadda yadda... I genuinely think this (FM20) is the most detailed and beautiful version so far, but... it is by far the most infuriating. I get FM'd in some way at least every other game: eg: opposition has one shot on target to my 30, they win 1-0, if you score against a good team - almost certain the opposing team will score almost immediately after, the side netting, the terrible 1 on 1 finishing, far too many red cards, getting absolutely smashed by mediocre clubs who are on a losing streak, almost impossible to sell players on the transfer list and even the most defensive minded tactics - with excellent defenders will still concede far more goals than they should... I know some of this is my own fault and that with even more patience I might be able to resolve issues here and there (then have an update which changes everything again) but I can't be alone in being frustrated by some of these issues and inconsistencies... OK, rant over, thanks for listening.

    submitted by /u/deadshotkeen
    [link] [comments]

    Petition to ban PSG from buying wonderkids

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 05:52 AM PST

    I want an explanation

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 04:56 PM PST

    Zaza must have been living in the 18 yard box

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 08:33 PM PST

    Okay.. I’m confused which is it?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 08:33 PM PST

    The names Stephen... Stephen Stephen

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 08:24 AM PST

    How do you play FM? What do you do and what do you delegate?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 03:58 PM PST

    So, I've been a player of FM for years and usaually I play it a lot, but usally I do a save with Man United and then a save with a decent team, Leicester/Sevilla type.

    Because I always manage good teams with a lot of money, I can sign a good staff and delegate a lot of things.

    Normally I let my second to do all the general training, watching the rivals, let the DOF mange the contracts..

    Also, usally I use a tactic that I fund online(this depends on the year and team) so basically what I do is sign players and manage the team because is what I like most, developt young players. (and again, with only doing this I have spent a lot of hours)

    And the games I always have to only show the best chances so basically during the match I only make some subs, I never change the tactic.

    But with FM20 I decided to start a different journey, first do a save with Real Sociedad(I know a very good team) but that has young players in a difficult league and doesn't have a lot of monye(15 million more or less).

    Decided to do my own tactic but still delegate the general trainings and a lot of other tasks.

    And in Fabruary I have got fired and right now I'm fighting for promotion with Alicante 2b in Spain.

    After all this that you might not be interested, my question is, how do you create your tactic? You create the tactic first and then sign all the players and train them or you create the tactic from your players? How do you know the tactic will work? Let's say you decide to do a 4231 and then it doesn't work, maybe you don't have the players to have a 433 becuase you have bought a good CAM..

    How to do play the games? Do you have it to run all the game? Do you make changes during it? Do you change the tactic depending on the opponent? How do you do it?

    How does the general training?

    It might seem pretty basic but as I said, I have never done this things and I would like to learn because in the future I want to do a long save and I want to play FM at 100%, I want do my tactic and be Pep Guardiola haha

    I know these are a lot of questions and a long posts but I would appriciate some tips and explanations or maybe a video of some guy that explains all these with details

    Thanks you :)

    submitted by /u/joanlojo
    [link] [comments]

    Megapacks

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 03:41 PM PST

    Classen league megapack doesn't work for me. Half the leagues are unavailable and have a red triangle icon over them when trying to add them to a save. In the qwerty megapack, some countries just don't appear as it says there isn't a sufficient amount of teams in the league. Why is this?

    submitted by /u/StigmatizedShark
    [link] [comments]

    *Angry U21 head coach noises*

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:13 PM PST

    And he is only 19!

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 07:53 AM PST

    FM20 - Best clubs to look for regens/newgens

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:47 PM PST

    Share you experience. Clubs that you noticed produce good young players, but are mostly unknown and their youngsters are cheap. WE ALL KNOW clubs like AZ , ajax , united, etc... have good kids , so leave those out please.

    I will start whith 2 portuguese clubs i have gotten some decent kids for less then 100k

    .Braga

    .Vitória de guimarães (Vit.Guimarães)

    submitted by /u/Ic3b3rgS
    [link] [comments]

    So, there was this Team of the Year in Ireland ...

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:26 AM PST

    What is "Detail level"?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:32 PM PST

    Almost seems like a waste

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:41 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel