• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 30, 2019

    Football Manager - I turned Millwall into the most aggressive team in the world - Part I

    Football Manager - I turned Millwall into the most aggressive team in the world - Part I


    I turned Millwall into the most aggressive team in the world - Part I

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 12:20 PM PST

    I turned Millwall into the most aggressive team in the world - Part I

    Whilst the vast majority of players dream of taking their team to the top of the league, to continental glory, or want to bring a minnow up through the leagues, my dream for Football Manager 2020 is a little bit different. I want to create the most aggressive, horrible, vile, unsporting team in the world. Success will be judged on fouls committed and on yellow and red cards. Points are of secondary importance to the project - though obviously I will have to get enough to keep my job. I want to kick my opponents off the park. Literally.

    And the team for this? There's only one choice - Millwall.

    (Well, there were other choices. Stoke and Leeds were obvious condenders, but I felt like Millwall fit the bill the best. I felt that this club would embrace my philosophy of bringing in unsporting thugs to hack at the opposition for 90 minutes every week)

    After a quick introduction the Millwall board demand I play pressing football and direct football. This suits all of us - the higher the pressing the more fouls we will commit. The board also want us to end up in mid-table. Nothing too demanding, and this will give me time to help mould this club into the vile place my philosophy demands.

    One of the first points of call is to create a code of conduct. I don't want my players to worry about being carded, so remove every possible sanction for cards:

    https://preview.redd.it/x330j4mpnv141.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=bef2901133337d27e577e82f3f7e6729976a790f

    The squad claim this is "too lenient". I assertively tell them I won't be changing it. Morale is already low.

    Key Attributes & Traits

    Before doing anything I establish exactly what I want out of every player. The most important attributes are:

    Aggression

    Bravery

    Work Rate

    Determination

    Furthermore, there are some player traits that will be instrumental in helping me achieve my aims:

    Dives into tackles

    Winds up opponents

    Argues with officials

    Gets crowd going

    I will prioritise all players with these traits and attributes. My aim is to ideally have every player in the squad to have as many of these traits as possible.

    Transfers

    I also set about overhauling the squad. I transfer list and loan list any players with low aggression (less than 12 for now, but I will re-evaluate this after the season - ideally I want everyone with a minimum of 18 aggression, but that utopia will have to wait). The squad feel my actions leave us lacking depth, and the fans are angry I've loaned out the skillful Jed Wallace. His aggression was far too low. He was never going to make it.

    I dive into the transfer market. Key target Lee Cattermole has only just joined VVV-Venlo and refuses to talk to me. Arturo Vidal and Gary Medel are out of our league. Ashley Barnes, an icon of this shithouse football style we will be cultivating here, refuses to talk. Things look bleak.

    Eventually we do some deals. Not the icons of shithousery we were after, but good, solid, horrible footballers like Sonny Bradley:

    https://preview.redd.it/mj3qofbppv141.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0a622c66c85a969fe62b55d2651e5f8d3b9eecfe

    His bravery, aggression, determination, and work rate are exactly what we want. Plus, he likes to wind up opponents. We need more players like him. I also bring in a young French ball-winning midfielder (Ibrahim Karamoko), a young striker (Ryan Edmondson), a Reunionese left back (Kenji-Van Boto), all with high aggression and the potential to improve in the future. Finally, I bring in Darren Fletcher on a free transfer, primarily for his "argues with officials" trait.

    Training

    Transfers aren't everything. For this to work I need everything at the club to push in the same direction. To this end I immediately set about training every single player at the club to "dive into tackles". My coaches try to convince me otherwise, but I refuse to back down. Every player starts the individual training, from the U18s through to the first team. Those who cannot learn it will be sold.

    https://preview.redd.it/m7ubos8srv141.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=fd8429761fe77846165e4cd6e2cb1408fc265084

    The other key traits won't be as simple. They cannot be learned through training, much to my dismay - only through mentoring. I promote the most promising youth players to the first team, and set up mentoring groups with the first team players who possess these godlike qualities. The likes of Alex Pearce (argues with officials), Darren Fletcher (argues with officials), and Shaun Hutchinson (winds up opponents), are assigned impressionable youngsters to tutor.

    Tactics & Pre-Season

    Pre-season is a mixed bag. To maximise the number of fouls committed I base my tactic on the high-pressing Gegenpress, with wing backs providing the width whilst a trio of ball-winning midfielders harass the opposition in the centre of the park. Fouling isn't simply a case of sitting back, you need to bring the fight to the opposition to maximise the fouls per minute.

    https://preview.redd.it/m3rqbc85tv141.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=2890e82d4164bba2a5c19faee1340dbb0d00c3e9

    The first ever game of the new Millwall era is promising. 17 fouls and three yellow cards. It's a solid base to build on. Unfortunately we never reach these highs again. Away at Hapoel Rishon LeZion we only commit eight fouls and receive no cards whatsoever. We win the game, but the performance is unacceptable and I tell this to the players. Morale plummets. Our final pre-season game, at home to Zaragoza, ends in a 1-0 defeat, with zero cards.

    There is much work to be done.

    submitted by /u/Hurball
    [link] [comments]

    Sergio Ramos being sent off in Sergio Ramos' testimonial is the most Sergio Ramos thing to happen in the game.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:43 AM PST

    it's Saturday, it's game day

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:56 PM PST

    19 going on 9

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 09:02 AM PST

    Finally ended the reign of Celtic and Rangers winning he league with the mighty Eyemouth

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:55 PM PST

    JUST GIVE THAT DAMN BALL

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 01:26 PM PST

    Just saw my Albanian newgen has declared for the Soivet Union, didnt realise i was playing FM1939

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:54 AM PST

    When you have nothing left to prove other than that you can do it on a cold and rainy night, too

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 11:28 AM PST

    SI promised that they'd give me a copy of FM. I haven't received one and they're not replying to my emails.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:52 AM PST

    First of all, I'm not mad nor do I show anything but admiration for Football Manager and Sports Interactive.

    I also really don't want this to feel like I'm begging for a free game, I'm a student and I could buy the game... It would just be way better for me if I get the game that they said they'd give me so I don't have to shell out.

    It started in June when I saw the opportunity to be in a photoshoot that would be the cover of FM2020. Obviously, I jumped at the opportunity as I'm a huge Football Manager fan and I thought it would be great fun.

    I was put in contact with someone from SI and they game me the details for the shoot and they mentioned that for doing the shoot I'd get a free copy of FM. The photoshoot was great fun, I didn't really know anyone but it was so cool to explore The Valley and see a different side of the game's development.

    When the game released fully I waited a tiny bit because I knew they'd be busy and maybe would send me something later on, but time rolled on a bit and I heard nothing so I sent an email to the person who I was in contact with.

    I didn't get a reply.

    I sent another couple to that person and then sent a couple to SI (showing the proof that they said I could have a copy) but I am yet to hear anything still.

    I just wish that they would tell me if I would get one or not, because buying the game isn't impossible for me but it's quite a few meals worth of money and I'd prefer to get what they said they'd give.

    Does anyone know what I could do? Or was there anyone else who was on the shoot that has/hasn't received their copy?
    Sorry, if it sound like I'm begging, but I'm not, I just want some clarity.

    submitted by /u/jhalebird
    [link] [comments]

    I now hate Lavezzi

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:15 AM PST

    Not the best clearance.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:35 PM PST

    Northern Ireland second division in a nutshell

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:29 PM PST

    A bit rude Football Manager..

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:20 AM PST

    My latest intake includes this 1m94 tall 17 years old kid who looks like he just got out of the pub after a long day at the docks

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:41 PM PST

    Woah you there, what's your form and average ra...you know what nevermind you're hired. Hail Hydra!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:55 PM PST

    Is 4231 Gegenpress still basically a cheat code in FM20?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:33 PM PST

    So last year I didn't really have time to get properly into FM19. I only did two 1 season saves, one with Blackburn and one with Hajduk Split. Both times I used 4231 gegenpress and I walked the league with both teams, even won the FA Cup with Blackburn.

    I've started a save with Birmingham on FM20, and my team is actually pretty well suited to a 4231 gegenpress. I don't want to walk the league though, I actually want it to be challenging and interesting. Should I just use the preset, or if I should create my own tactic does anyone have any suggestions. I've always been a bit bad at doing that so I'm a bit wary.


    [link] [comments]

    Maybe look a little harder...?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:46 PM PST

    From 2-0 down to 2-2. Last min free kick to win it. Only 1 man for the job...

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 01:30 PM PST

    VAR Chat

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 09:37 PM PST

    So I know that VAR is extremely controversial in the real world right now, but am I the only one who thinks that VAR is ruining this years FM?

    submitted by /u/thedethloon
    [link] [comments]

    The regen to end all regens

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:30 PM PST

    Well that didn't take long

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 01:19 PM PST

    So, just ran into this goalkeeper...

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 01:28 PM PST

    Is there a way to get NewGens to generate at younger age?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:37 PM PST

    Most top teams have U9-U16 teams; something not represented in game.

    submitted by /u/CVogel26
    [link] [comments]

    Third time's the charm

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:24 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel