• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 15, 2019

    Football Manager - Did they hire a hitman?!?!

    Football Manager - Did they hire a hitman?!?!


    Did they hire a hitman?!?!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:49 PM PDT

    Your key player as soon as he turn 32

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 02:18 AM PDT

    When your 34 year old Frank Lampard-esque captain who played 400+ matches for the club is rapidly declining and wants to leave because he has achieved everything at the club

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:05 AM PDT

    Day 14, they still haven't noticed

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:26 AM PDT

    Sunderland crashed and burned in my current save. I'm now half-tempted to take over and see if I can save them.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:52 AM PDT

    This was just too stupid

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:39 PM PDT

    Players losing attributes across the board?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:33 PM PDT

    I've run into a problem where I am constantly having my players losing their attributes across the board - getting decreases to virtually every attribute, for no discernible reason.

    Here is an example of this.

    It's happened to a dozen players on my team, and for the life of me I can't understand why. As you can see, they're playing well and are not at a great injury risk, since I am careful to rest them.

    Does anyone know why this happens, and what I can do to prevent it?

    submitted by /u/RaiseTheRoofe
    [link] [comments]

    Come check out the most horrific collapse of all my time playing any game probably

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:50 AM PDT

    Larry Nance Jr. NBA Player, playing FM... as Chelsea... and he didn’t download a logo pack. Also looks like some pretty high level European football, Marseille?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    Ridiculous season from this 16 year old

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:47 PM PDT

    Lessons from Football Manager that we can apply in our work

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:08 AM PDT

    A month or so ago I've posted in LinkedIn 5 things we can learn from Football Manager that also apply to software development. Last week I've decided to write a longer article on things we can learn from videogames, and ended up featuring Football Manager again. It's amazing what the game allows us to use as examples of actual team management, even when we're discussing things like software development. :) Thought it might be interesting to drop here the things I picked, maybe it'll spark some interesting discussions (it was kind of cool getting some people at work discussing FM outside of the comparisons between FM and "real football". :) ).

    The 5 things I've picked for the first post were:

    1. It takes time for a new team member to reach his best performance

    2. If you keep changing your team around, they'll never bond or develop routines

    3. Always have some senior elements to tutor the younger ones

    4. Never underestimate the negative effects of fatigue

    5. Constantly changing your processes is bad, but so is never changing them - you need to strike a balance between innovation and consistency

    For the article (which you can read here), the FM dedicated bit was:

    A team needs time and stability (Football Manager 2019)

    How do you build a team that works as a team? Football Manager players will promptly answer that: give it time and stability. You need to give your team time to learn the tactics, you need to carefully introduce the new players and you need to keep things stable, as constantly changing your tactic will prevent the team from learning it.

    Jumping to real life, you can't get a group of people together and hope that, magically, they'll start working as a team. You need to give them time to develop bonds and routines. You can't also keep changing things around and expect they won't be affected by it. You need to give them stability. Don't expect that a group of people will suddenly work together at peak performance. Great teams take years to build.

    Hope you guys liked the examples. Feel free to add your own lessons! :)

    submitted by /u/Xedro
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone out there who can beat this? It's definitly a new record for me

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:30 AM PDT

    FM aerial defending in a nutshell

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:39 AM PDT

    4 games in row againts Tottenham. Probably the most entertaining 4 games of the season.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    What was your best bargain player? I bought mitrovic just for back up. Ended up being my mains striker

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:40 PM PDT

    I wasn't aware I was managing Gareth Bale...

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    Think my team has topped even my wildest expectations of them for this season Champions League campaign!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:41 PM PDT

    I'm just going to let you imagine the face I made during the 2nd half

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    Thought this had our first loss written all over it, over the moon to become "Invincibles"

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:59 AM PDT

    Who would be the better player?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:01 PM PDT

    I don't actually have any player or position in mind at the moment more of a thought so I'll just use a hypothetical situation.

    So my first choice striker has 'hit a bad yin' and will be out for 3 months. My incredibly poor managerial skills mean I don't really have a ready replacement.

    I sift through my team and find two plausible options. Player A and Player B (can't be much worse that some of the regen names you see).

    Player A is a natural striker (advanced forward which luckily fits my system) playing in my reserves. He has tens across the board for all the important stats in relation to the advanced forward role and a mixture of good and bad for the rest.

    Player B has been poorly advised his entire life and is a natural centre half with abhorrent defensive stats, he does however have 20s for all the stats important to an advanced forward and the rest are near identical to Player A.

    Who would you play?

    submitted by /u/flumpy9
    [link] [comments]

    Testimonials

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:02 PM PDT

    So I'm arranging my first testimonial on FM 19 and I really wish you had the option of offering past players the chance to play in the game. How good would it be to bring back your old CF from league one days and give him a quick cameo alongside your present day world class IF? And I'd love it if you could even get recently retired players who are now staff to play too, Sergio Ramos shithousing your wonderkid Mezalla after bringing him through your under-18s!

    submitted by /u/MatthewWasTaken11
    [link] [comments]

    Well this is a first

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:08 PM PDT

    If your in-game manager became your favorite team's manager, how would you feel about him?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:34 PM PDT

    I'd think he's a sociopath antisocial genius.

    I don't give interviews and I always keep my unhappy or old players hostages until I sell them. I also win a lot, so at least there's that.

    But I'd definitely have a heart attack with my team's manager going into a game vs a much much better opponent with a very attacking tactic and bunch of 20 year-olds from the youth squad.

    submitted by /u/jeorjhejerome
    [link] [comments]

    Was about to have a heart attack

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:07 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel