• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 20, 2019

    Football Manager - it be like hard like that sometimes

    Football Manager - it be like hard like that sometimes


    it be like hard like that sometimes

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 08:23 AM PDT

    I can't believe you didn't include me in the champions league squad...

    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 11:47 PM PDT

    Me explaining to my mom how I got Preußen Münster promoted as champions on the last day with a late brace from a youth prospect

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 02:23 PM PDT

    Managers of Reddit: who is that one player you just seem to bring with you no matter whst job you end up in (perhaps across multiple teams in a single career or across multiple different new saves)

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    We all have THAT one player; the obscure wonderkid we scout at the start of every new save regardless of which team we're at, or sometimes if you play a save where you manage multiple clubs, you have that one dude who seems to follow you around like a strange overpaid stalker.

    In my current save of FM18 I'm in 2047 and have played every match for 30 years across a handful of top clubs. I could probably make a whole starting 11 out of players who played for me at more than one club during this time, but one stands out in my mind above the rest.

    His name was Korbinian Danzberg, a german regen advanced playmaker who came through B. Mönchengladbach's academy in 2017 whilst I was managing Monsco. He caught my eye at first in 2019 because he had the most ridiculously cool German name ever, but secondly he was rated to become a pretty good player at about 4 stars. He had a good passing range, was decently technical, had very little flair but a lot of efficiency and was an expert at penalties.

    ...so, he was exactly what you think of when you hear the words 'German Playmaker' pretty much.

    I want to make it clear; after buying him for £1mil in 2019 and debuting him in 2022 for the first team, Danzberg was NEVER anything more that the 2nd choice playmaker. I had Kai Havertz in the squad who was extremely well and Danzberg was always content to sit on the bench, come on with 20 mins to go and play the European and Cup fixtures when needed. He was an efficient tool without being spectacular, but between 2022 and 2026 he scored a pretty respectable 10 goals in 41 league appearances.

    I left Monaco in 2026 to go to AC Milan, but it was only after I got there that I realised just how much shit the club was in financially. For the summer window when I first joined I was given a kitty of just 20mil and had to somehow use that to rebuild a very, very aging squad. One position that desperately needed reinforcing was attacking midfield and in my desperation towards the end of the window I saw that Monaco had now listed Danzberg for just £3.9 million and I bought him with me!

    And unlike at Monaco, Danzberg was actually starting week in-week out, though he was mostly making assists rather than getting the late substitute goals he had gotten previously off the bench. Once again though he was solid without being exceptional and he never once got even close to featuring in the German national team (which he had the potential to because he was a regen and not a real player)

    We actually won the league that first season with the aging side, but after another tiny budget for transfers the star players deteriorated hugely in the second season and we actually finished a dismal 7th. Danzberg missed just over half the campaign with injury and when I was duly sacked from Milan that following summer I thought I had left Danzberg behind for good. I was going to Dortmund in Germany and he just was not good enough to warrant me signing him for a 2nd time.

    Or so I thought...

    Danzberg made a heartwarming return to Boussia Mönchengladbach after that second season in Milan and in his first season 18 months scored a whopping 24 goals across all competitions (still couldn't get in the Germany team, unlucky mate). Meanwhile, at Dortmund, I had an injury crisis in midfield and needed to reinforce my homegrown player numbers! So, like an old faithful farm dog, it was bloody Danzberg who made the move across Germany to join me in yellow and plug an important temporary void in my team, this time costing me 5 million.

    Danzberg was definitely out of his depth a bit at Dortmund and he was by no means on par with the quality of my other starting players, but he got game time because there really wasn't anyone else fit in his position. He did admirably though! In that second half of the season he scored 4 goals in 12 league starts and helped bolster our depth in the Champions League.

    We reached the CL final that year and it was against FC Nantes (who have become a bit of a powerhouse in my save) .Danzberg didn't start the game; he was on the bench as my Bal-On-Dor winning Dutch playmaker continued his return from injury in the knick of time. As the game went to extra time however he just didn't have the stamina to safely continue, so on trundled Danzberg to see of he could work his wonder-sub magic like he had all those years back at Monaco. And what do you know? We get a penalty; and he had the highest stat for spot kicks within the team.

    I'd like to say that he scored, and that this story had a fairytale ending where Korbinian Danzberg became the unlikely hero who followed me across 3 teams and proved crucial in the decisive moment, but in truth he skied it and Nantes went on to celebrate their first ever Champions League victory. To his credit he did score his penalty in the final shootout but was let down by the rest of the team who had a shocker.

    Danzberg was with me for one more season after that at Dortmund, only really making the occasional cup start as all my other first teamers were back fit and firing for the start of the campaign. He did score a wonder free kick in the DFB Pokal semis, which carried us into a winning final, but in that next window he was sold without much ceremony to Galatasary for £12.2 million. He did go on to score 31 goals in 61 league games for them, and moved to Kasimpasa and then Akhisatspor, before retiring in 2039.

    He was not a particularly great player, and he was never the star man of any of the 3 teams he played for me at, but there was just something about Danzberg that I inexplicably loved. Just for his sheer loyalty to me as a manager and for his no-nonsense approach to doing the job I asked of him, I will remember him very fondly for many more saves to come.

    I would be very curious to hear if any other managers out there have had strange connections to a single player across multiple clubs/saves, and what is was about them that was just special enough to form an attachment to.

    submitted by /u/ThePirateWhoSaysArr
    [link] [comments]

    Award for smoothest assist of the century goes to... Alexander Farnerud!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    What am I witnessing?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    I beat Manchester City in my first season as AFC Telford!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    Cheers Ian

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    When the tactic you created is getting results but you don't really understand why

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 01:21 AM PDT

    One of my finest achievements: I've finally dethroned my CL-winning Legia

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 08:09 AM PDT

    Mallorca, the best team in the world.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 04:29 PM PDT

    The fact we nearly got a draw makes this all the more upsetting.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 05:46 PM PDT

    After 11 Seasons and only my second season in the premier league, i managed to get AFC Fylde into the champions league!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    Have you seen a better out and out winger? Look at the stats on one of my newgens.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 12:10 PM PDT

    Thank You Release Clause

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 11:26 AM PDT

    Would anyone be interested in playing a 2004/2005 or 2005/2006 database?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 11:15 AM PDT

    As most of you know, The Mad Scientist created a 2003/2004 database that's really incredible and fun. It took him a few months I believe but he really did a fantastic job. I was thinking of following the same concept (manually copying over players and clubs in the top leagues from either FM 2005 or 2006 onto FM 19) because I have serious nostalgia for that era of FM.

    There is no way to change the in-game date right? I know people can and have done that on CM 01/02 but it isn't possible on most FM's which sucks but I personally still enjoy playing on these databases. And if other players are interested, I'd be happy to give this a shot as I have some free time and well, I love FM.

    Thoughts/suggestions? Better to wait until FM 20?

    submitted by /u/Dunkelheit948
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know who needs to hear this but.......fm19's price on mobile devices has been slashed by more than 50%

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 05:14 AM PDT

    AI Atletico currently have a 90 game unbeaten run in La Liga

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 07:30 AM PDT

    Got a good regen for the first time on FM19

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    Weirdest combination of positions I've seen

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 02:54 AM PDT

    oh Arsenal how dumb must you be?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 08:37 PM PDT

    How are your saves going?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 10:08 AM PDT

    What year are you in?

    Where are you?

    How is your journey so far?

    I'll start!

    Currently managing Darlington in 2021, still struggling to get out of National League! Starting an Auxerre save tonight to run alongside, hoping to break the PSG dominance before FM20 comes out!

    submitted by /u/MannT90
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a thread where we can show our teams?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 11:51 AM PDT

    If there isn't, wouldn't having one be a fun idea ?

    submitted by /u/Zayeed1234
    [link] [comments]

    2019/2020 season and I pull off this absurd result in the 1st knockout stage of the UCL. Not bad considering my team had to play four rounds of qualifiers just to get to the group stages!!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 03:02 PM PDT

    cursed_recommendation

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 05:32 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel