• Breaking News

    Friday, July 12, 2019

    Football Manager - Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 12/07/2019

    Football Manager - Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 12/07/2019


    Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 12/07/2019

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    Please use this thread as a place to ask questions that are specific to your save, such as:

    • "Why is my tactic not working?"

    • "What role should I play this player in?"

    • "I have £xxm to spend, who should I buy?"

    If you are asking for tactical help/advice, please post an image of your formation and what insutructions/roles you have set.

    As a rule of thumb, if you ask a question, answer a question. This is what keeps this thread alive and useful.

    submitted by /u/FMG_AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    After 7 seasons in charge, the board have decided to move away from my beloved Hillsborough and asked me to name the new stadium. I’m very happy they took my suggestion on board.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 07:21 AM PDT

    Knocked out of the Champions League in the most FM way possible.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 10:23 AM PDT

    Distributes the ball equally

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 09:26 AM PDT

    come back to bite you in the ass

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 07:43 AM PDT

    "I am now willing to meet to finally find an agreement over my client's contract"

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    I cannot believe this worked.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 12:12 PM PDT

    What do we say to supporting Liverpool?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 12:23 PM PDT

    Summertime in the office means I can finally prioritize what's important

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 01:16 AM PDT

    Leonardo Jardim is managing a team from the lower Nigerien Leagues at the same time as managing Portugal...

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 12:04 PM PDT

    This looks like it was an interesting game.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    When your shitty LLC finally produces a good newgen

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    When you make that last minute signing without enough information

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 11:00 AM PDT

    When my boss yells at me for being late, despite me informing him it was because I was spending hours perfecting my 1-2-4-2-1 asymetric gegenpress formation.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 08:06 AM PDT

    An 8-1 win... against the run of play?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 04:31 PM PDT

    Left Leverkusen after bumping their transfer budget to around 700 mil, Jurgen Klopp spent 400 mil in a single window.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    Board cuts check for 350m in one month to fund new stadium, RIP finances

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 04:46 PM PDT

    Board cuts check for 350m in one month to fund new stadium, RIP finances

    https://i.redd.it/lk9uahgxjz931.jpg

    <retyped due to edit error>

    So, a few many seasons into FC Koln, with a few titles in the cabinet and a 200m transfer budget nest egg and 800k wage buffer for new signings.

    The Board decides it is time for a new stadium; not like I have much say - OK!

    Planning...takes ages...end of year comes, its been a goodie - Bundesliga title snaffled away and the Board decides to reward themselves with new yachts.

    FFwd 4 months - all of a sudden I get a letter *due to financial deterioration, the transfer budget is now 600k*!

    A bit of investigation...they cut a 350m check for the new stadium, in one month!

    Jesus H Christ. Wage budget gone too....good thing I have two 100k pw wonderkids coming back from loan in 2 months :(

    https://i.redd.it/3rlxufqnkz931.jpg

    submitted by /u/stroml0
    [link] [comments]

    The Curious Case of Geraldo

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 03:51 PM PDT

    So I thought about sharing this unique story about a player. In my current save, I switched from Zenit to Leverkusen in 2024. But that wasn't my original plan. I wanted to join Hamburger for a bigger challenge and was even accepted by the club, who were willing to wait till the end of the season. Resigned from my Zenit job, but then the date goes to 1st of June and I can't seem to join Hamburger. Weird bug but apparently it's happened to other people as well.

    Anyway one of the main reasons I wanted to join Hamburger was they had this gem of a German midfielder named Geraldo playing for them. Homegrown boy who had contributed 10 goals and 11 assists and was easily their best player. In my first season in the Bundesliga, Hamburger got relegated and I thought this was the perfect time to snap Geraldo up. But unfortunately the fucker rejected the contract saying he wanted to stay at Hamburger. Gets them promoted the next season and at the end of his contract, he moves to Al-Ittihad of all clubs! He'd turned thirty but he still had amazing attributes, so maybe for some easy money. Was pissed with myself for letting a chance to sign him go to waste.

    Right now I moved to Napoli and while scouting for my pre-season, who do I see listed as a free agent but good ol' Geraldo. 34 years old but my God his attributes are still insane. 5 goals and 10 assists so far and he's been a rock in central midfield. Wages fit into the current structure as well so that's not a problem either.

    At the age of 34, he's got a First Touch and Passing of 18, Technique, Vision, Decisions & Workrate of 17 and Determination of 18. His physicals 6 seasons ago used to be amazing and despite being reduced to mostly 13s and 14s right now, he's a solid player.

    Player Profile

    Transfer History

    submitted by /u/the_tree_partay
    [link] [comments]

    September 2022. Excuse me?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 03:45 PM PDT

    You gotta give them credit for trying

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 09:57 PM PDT

    My greatest signing

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 07:00 PM PDT

    As Peter Crouch retires I would like to bring this back to wish him all the best in his new endeavours

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 06:44 PM PDT

    Maybe he's Christian?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    When you are getting trashed by Manchester City but your average IF has the balls to do this

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel