• Breaking News

    Friday, March 8, 2019

    Football Manager - Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 08/03/2019

    Football Manager - Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 08/03/2019


    Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 08/03/2019

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 09:11 AM PST

    Please use this thread as a place to ask questions that are specific to your save, such as:

    • "Why is my tactic not working?"

    • "What role should I play this player in?"

    • "I have £xxm to spend, who should I buy?"

    If you are asking for tactical help/advice, please post an image of your formation and what insutructions/roles you have set.

    As a rule of thumb, if you ask a question, answer a question. This is what keeps this thread alive and useful.

    submitted by /u/FMG_AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    After losing 1-0 vs 9 men Liverpool despite having 58 shots to their 2 and 72% possession, I will admit I scum saved for the first time in so many years and I am sharing this with you because I feel nothing for doing so.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 12:13 PM PST

    You know, I'm something of a scientist myself.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 04:22 AM PST

    Over 2500 hours in Football Manager and I have just witnessed my first perfect hattrick. What other rare events have you seen in game?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 02:22 PM PST

    When you Avoid Relegation in your Last League Game.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 10:54 PM PST

    The harsh reality of FM...

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 11:40 AM PST

    FFS Mark, that's just clickbait.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 09:37 AM PST

    We Did It Mamma, Got A Place In The Group Stages. Watch out England, The Irish are Comin

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 09:11 AM PST

    Have you ever had a balanced match but insanely one-aided result?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 06:16 PM PST

    Hmmm

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 03:02 PM PST

    Marcel Behringer is my Goalkeeper. ��

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 04:51 AM PST

    What are the 'dislikes person' details you found in FM (that gives a flashback)?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 05:48 PM PST

    So I was using editor to randomly liking at things and noticed that Mario Balotelli dislikes Francesco Totti.

    Then I realised this was likely from years ago in a match between Inter and Roma where Totti intentionally kicked Balotelli in the hip. For that Totti got a red right off.

    Icardi dislikes Maxi Lopez at 100. Well I guess that's not news.

    submitted by /u/MogolianShrimp
    [link] [comments]

    FM 19 Winter Update, Who Are The Most Improved Players ?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 04:02 PM PST

    I've just started using the Winter Update and I was just curious as to who made the most improvements attribute wise in the Winter Update compared to the original database ? If there is a list somewhere with all the info I'm looking for could someone send me the link please ?

    submitted by /u/12asdf13
    [link] [comments]

    *chuckles* I'm in danger.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 10:31 AM PST

    My assisstant manager can't even do the one thing I pay him for.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 10:34 AM PST

    Learning how to play football is tough.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 09:43 AM PST

    It's my second journeyman save in FM15, and I finally have spent enough time in it that I'm sure I won't abandon it. With the time spent, there's been a lot of stories I think are worth spreading it out there.

    I started as someone who's barely ever seen football played, with sunday league experience and a National C (the worst) coaching badge. I became Louis Stan Jr. (tribute to my first journeyman save), an Auxerre-born Englishman with a French mother and English father - Louis Stan himself, the man who led Sampdoria to an Italian double in 2022.

    Not one of the clubs with no manager at the start of the game wanted to hear anything from me. I don't blame them - I didn't seem like I knew what I'm doing(and I mostly don't, even now, 5 seasons later).

    I sat on my buttcheeks unemployed, applying to every job I could, until I received a letter from a football club. Mixed up with multiple eviction notices and arrest warrants for tax fraud, it was hard to see, but I jumped at the chance to actually get a job. That, and the fact that I have real-life family members who live in Worcester, so, curious coincidence.

    The team is in big trouble, battling relegation in the drop zone, with 12 points from 16 games, 1 win, 9 draws and 5 losses. I take charge on the 2nd of November, with my first match in charge being in 13 days, so I have a bit of time to train with the team.

    A team who don't really have a lot of common with football, except the midfield duo of Adam Jackman and Sean Geddes, who are both star players for us. The club is also cash-strapped, so no new coaching badges for me.

    After a brief analysis of the squad and finding out that it lacks attacking wide players, I decided that we'll be playing a narrow 4-3-1-2 formation to be strong through the middle at least. I win my first game in charge 2-1 against Leamington, and head into the next three games with cautious optimism. I lost all three of them, two league games 1-0 and 2-1 and 2-0 in an FA Trophy game against Gainsborough.

    I give my defenders a football in training and it has scinnilating results, because we draw with second-placed Stalybridge 0 - 0 in the following game. It was unlucky for us, we had some opportunities to score, but at least we maybe will start clicking soon. We work out a 1-0 win against Hednesford in the following game, followed by 1 goal in 3 games, all losses. Angry, I decide to take a break. What am I doing wrong?? My defenders have a football, as do my strikers... Maybe I should complain about them to them!

    I call a squad meeting to tell players that they can do better and we should kick on if we want to avoid the drop. Morale rises to above Okay possibly the first time of the season. We follow it by a 6-game unbeaten run, with 2 draws and 4 wins, including a convincing 3-0 win over Gloucester.

    I get a bit complacent, which results in an unexpected 4-1 defeat against fellow relegation battlers Colwyn Bay and a flurry of cursing, as well as a 1-week fine for captain Wayne Thomas. For the final 10 games of the season we go 50/50 on wins and losses, also drawing our final 2 games for a 16th place finish.

    At this point, my mind was made up. I'm not going to learn how to play football in Worcester, I've got to jump ship. I don't extend my contract and resign from the job after one season in charge.

    I then take over the reins at Barrow, who finished the season in 2nd place and their aim for the next year is very clear - win the league. Will I learn how football works while at Barrow or will I get sacked and drown in mediocrity forever?

    Find out next time!

    submitted by /u/Slugling
    [link] [comments]

    Best £1M I've ever spent. Dude's a freaking beast (not a regen)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 11:28 AM PST

    Gotta love this game.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 03:46 AM PST

    Football Manager Stories Ya'll Would Be Interested In?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 12:28 PM PST

    So I'm done with my A Levels and have a good chunk of holidays before university starts, and I figured I might write some FM stories in this free time. I wanted to know if there are people here who are interested in reading such content, considering I could post 2-4 times a week and it is (hopefully) entertaining to read.

    I also want to get suggestions on what I should do: a lower league save, journeyman save (EU preferably), big club domination, or whatever else really. I was keen on doing the Aswijan project but I ran into some technical problems, if I get those fixed I'm bloody excited to play that as well.

    All suggestions are welcome, hopefully someone experienced could guide me better. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/lord_f4r
    [link] [comments]

    An interesting game of football was played in Wolverhampton during the weekend

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 09:52 AM PST

    A minor injury crisis

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 02:50 PM PST

    Euro Super Cup happened during the international break. With only 13 players in the team, two of my players got injured within the first 7 minutes, forcing me to play my backup GK up front. Somehow, Man City had a full strength team.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 05:00 PM PST

    A Best???? From Northern Ireland??? I'm in love

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 02:21 PM PST

    Game has become very slow after new update

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 03:25 PM PST

    Has anyone else's game become very slow after the recent update? I haven't changed anything other than the update downloading but there is a very noticeable time difference in how long the game takes to advance between days now, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

    submitted by /u/Ebo_Wanderer
    [link] [comments]

    Random formation change midgame is always the answer

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 02:02 PM PST

    What's wrong with bonaventura?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 04:24 PM PST

    I'm using Milan in the 18/19 season and bonaventura and strnic are sometimes randomly unavailable for selection and I cant figure out why.

    submitted by /u/aidenpop2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel