• Breaking News

    Friday, April 30, 2021

    Football Manager - The only solution left: return to monkee

    Football Manager - The only solution left: return to monkee


    The only solution left: return to monkee

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:10 AM PDT

    A couple of tales whilst working with Championship Manager 3

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I thought you might be interested to hear a couple of anecdotes whilst I was working at Eidos in the tech support department. (I hope this is allowed as obviously this is now Football Manager).

    So early in my career, I was working for Eidos who had a small satellite office in Witton Birmingham.

    We were a small office but part of Eidos. We did some QA but mainly it was tech support. In fact, if you are old enough to phone up a walkthrough line (remember those??) there was a good chance that I wrote it.

    I had been a Champman fan since it first came out on the Atari St and Amiga and so was delighted when I got a chance to support the game. I was one of the few football fans in the office and I was the only one who was a Champman zealot so I use to get all of the support calls.

    So here are a couple of 100% genuine stories that I hope you enjoy.

    A regular call I use to get was from one of the Sunderland supporters club when Peter Reid was their manager. So he was telling me the time that he was sat behind Peter Reid and asked him whether there were any signings he had in mind, and he said that he had bought a couple of players in Champman, and depending on how they did, he might consider buying them.

    I had an unnamed player for Doncaster Rovers who was furious that his stats were "minging" and demanded that I changed them. I have to admit that I very nearly burst out laughing when he said it, but he was so furious I had to be courteous and tell him he could use an unofficial editor to boost his stats but we couldn't support that.

    I had a long conversation one day with a customer who was complaining that he had been sacked by Man Utd and couldn't understand why. I spoke to him a couple of times and he had a Benelux accent. Well, it turned out that when I got his email addy to send some info across it was Jordi Cruyff.

    Now the next two I can't 100% confirm as I was only told through second-hand, but both Neil Lennon and Danny Murphy were both picked up from Crewe in part to how good they were in Champman 3.

    For those of you who might not have known, but if you signed Lennon he was guaranteed 40 goals a season from Midfield with Murphy not far behind.

    Nowadays people take for granted the Football Manager scouting network, even Sky uses it, but back then it was still a novel scouting tool. We had a number of football agents/clubs ask about whether they could purchase the network. One of those people was connected with Sam Allardyce. I know he gets a lot of stick but earlier in his career, he was massively ahead of the curve and was using data and stats long before the bigger clubs took note.

    As a little thank you I do appear in Champman 4 as a scout which I was chuffed about.

    Well, I appreciate it's not much in the greater scheme of things and I still keep in touch with some of the FM team, but it shows goes to show how big an impact the game has had on the footballing community.

    submitted by /u/Ch3w84cc4
    [link] [comments]

    My boy! ... Go away...

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 06:21 AM PDT

    Maybe u know Mangala but ur Not ready for ...

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 09:32 AM PDT

    Weirdest regen name I've come across

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:58 PM PDT

    One of the best glitches i've ever seen.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    Don't spend it all at once.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    Emotional farewell but what a profit

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    Ive seen this somewhere before

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:43 PM PDT

    Bayern went unbeaten and didn't win the league, you love to see it

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    Maybe the finest moment of my football manager life

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    Just won 250 games in a row with Lincoln Gibraltar

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    After back-to-back golden boot seasons, my star striker has decided to step it up and go absolutely nuclear

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    I would also be disappointed in a sub who comes on and wins the game

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:17 PM PDT

    Conceding two goals in the first two minutes, scoring twice in added time to tie the game, just to concede a minute later. Pain.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    That depressing feeling when...

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 06:41 PM PDT

    If my life was a football match

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    Plot twist: he's not Italian

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 02:21 AM PDT

    Prime Haaland is a monster.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 06:25 AM PDT

    This ruined my save (Sorry about the pic)

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    1860 Munich: Part 3

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    1860 Munich: Part 3

    Hallo! Wie geht es Ihnen?

    Welcome to Part 3! if you missed Part 2, you can find it here > Part 2

    Staff

    As part of my "Project rebuild" here in Munich, I sacked or released every staff member of the senior side and 9 new faces joined the backroom team at 1860 Munich.

    One of the new members of the staff of note, ex Irish International Damien Duff, he joins us as a coach for the next 3 years and I thought it was quite the coup for somebody of his stature and ability. I will be leaning on his heavy as experience as a player and roles as Assistant Manager with both Ireland and Celtic to guide us. I usually love to bring in ex International players as coach's, even sometimes when there is better options available. I like to build their story into the narrative of the save and it helps with more engagement. I had originally sought him out to be the assistant manager but for some reason he was reluctant to assume the role with 1860, despite having filled that position in previous jobs...

    Joining him is a new Assistant Manager, Head of Youth Development, 2 x Goalkeeping Coach's, 1 x Fitness Coach, 2 x other general coach's, and a new Chief Scout.

    https://preview.redd.it/ncqo8w54t7w61.png?width=3244&format=png&auto=webp&s=b9443fc6abdf94b11a8ff26e72d93928f5079345

    Season 2020/21:

    There are 38 games in the 3.Bundesliga season and 20 teams in the league. We need to finish in the top 2 for automatic promotion or at the least 3rd to have a playoff game against 3rd bottom of 2.Bundesliga. Last seasons champions were Bayern 2, thankfully even if they win it again they are not able to be promoted.

    Armenia Bielefeld won the 3.Bundesliga in 2014/15 and now currently sit 15th place in their first season in the Bundesliga. This is what we can aspire to and hopefully emulate over the next few seasons.

    10 Games in:

    Was a slow start to life in Munich, the preseason games didn't go very well as the side struggled to adapt to our tactical approach.

    After 10 games in, we sit a respectable 2nd on the table this is up from our 8th place media prediction in the preseason. Our attack has been solid but the defence does leave a little to be desired, it almost feels like we concede on every shot the opposition takes.

    My aim will be to play 10 games, asses and make changes to the tactic and setup.

    With that in mind, I have tweaked the team instructions slightly for the next 10 games.

    We will now try and force the opposition outside and attempt to be solid in the middle. I also noticed the back 4 was pressing too intensely and losing our shape, it allowed too many through balls up the middle. I have now asked all 4 defenders to press less and I am hoping we maintain a more solid shape.

    I have also modified the shape slightly, its hard to notice but I have moved the Advanced Forward to the centre striking position and the F9 to the right side of striking position. Its an odd move but I am trying to free up space more for the F9, I am hoping that the small shift to the right for both positions will create a small advantage/overload on one of the opposition CBs.

    I also feel like we are conceding too many goals from corners and crosses into the box. I am not sure what I will do for the crosses but I've made a slight change to how we defend corners.

    The last change I have made is to move the defensive line down from Much Higher to Higher.

    Updated Tactic:

    https://preview.redd.it/m1jhx4y79fw61.png?width=1048&format=png&auto=webp&s=5e9a4508c8370cdea7739baeb6c6df6c297e73c3

    All of this could be in vein however as I also noticed our Goalkeeper seems to be pretty average and makes too many mistakes. He has until January to convince me otherwise.

    The attack, I cant really fault because Wellington has been nothing short of superb upfront and has scored 13 goals in 10 games so far with an average rating of 7.82! Much to my surprise, hes been backed up very well from 35 year old veteran Sascha Molders who has 4 goals in 7 games with 3 assists. I would like and would have expected a little more output from our wide players, at the moment there has only been 3 goals from the 4 wingers that have been used, I also probably would have been ok with this had they provided a few assists but only our right winger Keanu Staude has troubled the stat recorders with 5 in 10.

    Fixtures List:

    Only 1 clean sheet at the moment, but our attack is carrying us through games. Once we can get to the bottom of the defensive side of the ball, we should be a vastly better side.

    https://preview.redd.it/v8n467us2fw61.png?width=2734&format=png&auto=webp&s=c3f5259ffbd76b8c54b50881fa67b8f565fc85db

    League Table:

    The last game 4-3 win over Dresden was a war, it was also a pivotal game for us because its opened up a mini break away at the top with the undeafted Ingolstadt at the top and Duisburg in 3rd place. We dont play Ingolstadt for quite a few games either so will be interesting to see if that will be a top of the table clash when it does happen.

    https://preview.redd.it/bil4ru0m2fw61.png?width=3231&format=png&auto=webp&s=394c6c0778fa0f7326ca7062bad579377b5586b3

    Transfers:

    Our starting RB Marius Willsch suffered a long term injury, he will be out for 4-5 months and the backup was pretty average at best. I turned again to the free transfers list and signed 32 year old French veteran Anthony Lippini, he signed an 8 month contract and will take over first choice team duties

    Anthony Lippini:

    Lippini has been a solid pro his entire career, playing mostly in French Ligue 2 but did have a stint Ligue 1 only a few years ago. I was drawn mostly to his teamwork and bravery, these are 2 stats that I value highly and more so in defenders. He also has solid work rate and determination, I felt he was the best option available to cover us.

    https://preview.redd.it/8d8cetz93fw61.png?width=3241&format=png&auto=webp&s=ce92963c1fcb7431e0d5c7caae0f1ac34356d147

    .

    .

    .

    Thanks again for reading and joining along the ride! I will try and have parts 4 and 5 out over the weekend.

    Any thoughts, comment or suggestions are always welcome.

    submitted by /u/CrazyKent22
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever had a player so injury prone that he literally got two injuries in the same match?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:11 AM PDT

    This guy is almost perfect for his role, and he's been fantastic for the past few years

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 06:49 PM PDT

    Gave me a heart attack��

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 04:59 PM PDT

    Really stupid question about training

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    Ok, so I know this is probably going to get me a load of abuse, but I just wanted to ask a question regarding training.

    In the past, I've let my assistant manager handle the training, but I'm trying to do more within the game. So, here comes the dumb question - should I have my players training for the role I have them playing, and does this have a noticeable effect on performance if you do

    submitted by /u/weirds0up
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel