• Breaking News

    Friday, July 3, 2020

    Football Manager - Good to see they have faith in me

    Football Manager - Good to see they have faith in me


    Good to see they have faith in me

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    WHAT. THE. ACTUAL

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    Google Has Replaced This Man’s Face With His FM Stats

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    We're half way there!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    She just doesn't understand the pain.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    Breaks my heart..

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    Football manager from a non-football-fans perspective

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Hey so I'm a long time strategy gamer but not much of a football fan. The last football game I watched on TV was the world cup final and the last one I watched in person was when Keane and Quinn were still in charge at Sunderland, however long ago that was. In terms of football games, I played a lot of FIFA 13, and I've played a lot of PES18, with my latest career landing me at Dortmund some time in the 2020s at which point the PES transfers left the squad looking nothing like it did when I booted up the FM20 demo and pulled on my yellow tracksuit.

    And so this is where I started, I recognised 2 or 3 of the names of players, and that was about it. Initially, even as a fan of pradox games, I felt totally overwhelmed by everything going on. I have to hire scouts? Why do I have Dortmund II? what on earth do all these icons mean? Even after finishing the tutorial I felt lost, but a healthy dose of the delegate button helped me find a start in the tactics screen. Lots of injuries, don't need to be a football expert to know that's bad, I'm gonna need to bring in some replacements.

    To the transfer market! My scout suggested a new player, a center defender from another German club. Perfect. Wait, he wants 10 grand a week?! That's more than I make in 3 months! Wait, no, I misread, 100 grand a week?! Wtf?! And his agent wants... A million euros. I'm in the wrong job... Luckily before I had an aneurism the tutorial man showed up and suggested I should ask the board to arrange his transfer because he'd be a big help to the team. In the meantime I went to find a new striker to act as a backup to the 18 year old we currently had up front. I eventually figured out the scouting menus and eventually found a player, only to then find I had 0 transfer budget. I'm still not sure if I spent it by accident, never had it in the first place, or the board spent it all on that defender, but in any case that means I'm not getting a new striker.

    Turns out, that 18 year old is pretty good, scored 7 goals in 2 pre season friendlies. Never seen anything like it, I just hope he doesn't get injured. Speaking of injuries, what is a sports hernia anyway? I'm not sure I wanna know...

    I've managed to fumble my way through to the start of the season so far in about 5 hours, I still have no idea what 90% of the menus do and I still have no spare strikers but I haven't been fired yet even if I did lose the season opener cup 2-0. The board actually seems quite happy even, maybe that's because I've sold almost 50,000 season tickets, which seems like a lot.

    I still have no idea about football, but I think I'm hooked...

    And yes, I may have been drinking. For roleplay reasons, obviously, they're German

    submitted by /u/onetruebipolarbear
    [link] [comments]

    First time this has happened to me

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    No hurry, man

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    The Welsh Virgil van Dijk

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    This is so fuckin incredible.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 06:21 PM PDT

    Final game of the season. Could win the league, could finish 5th...

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    Big away trip for the Ressies.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Calvert-Lewin is my favourite player in this years FM. Hence why I paid 60m for him. But I think his goal scoring record has justified that price..

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    Helicopter Sunday 2020, "I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again."

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Testimonial for Chelsea legend Jamal Blackman, who is now in his 0th year having played 0 games for the club

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    The BEST regen I’ve ever had…

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    Never seen this before. Goalkeeper over 9 rating. And he conceded early. We had 7 Clear cut chances. Absolutely fuming

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    Greatest UCL final that you will ever see (I'm Parma)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    When your striker scores a last minute winner in the local derby.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    Why your regens may be poor: The image shows the top nations that produce the best wonderkids. Brazil as you’d expect is top, English clubs are 10th in the world.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    My biggest achievement in FM, took 13 seasons.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    This is how keyboards get broken

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel