• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 24, 2019

    Football Manager - Does this happen to anybody else?

    Football Manager - Does this happen to anybody else?


    Does this happen to anybody else?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 02:35 PM PST

    thanks Santa. Now I feel complete ��

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 12:25 PM PST

    Don’t say it, don’t say it, don’t say it!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 12:32 AM PST

    Ok this was intense

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 08:15 AM PST

    Played this series since CM99/00 and this is the first time I've ever had 11 players in team of the week

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 10:51 AM PST

    00:01 Me: -Demand More!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 04:25 AM PST

    Don't think I am the right manager with a club culture like that...

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 02:56 PM PST

    For every dutch speaker, that's actually a random generated name in the game lol!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 08:54 AM PST

    Has anyone found a player capable of keeping the ball inbounds? Been searching since FM10.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 10:23 AM PST

    Most productive half time team talk I've ever had

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 09:03 PM PST

    The Colour Derby

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 05:32 AM PST

    The most fun I've ever had on FM!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 05:04 PM PST

    I got bored so I started playing and documenting myself doing the Pentagon Challenge. Please pay attention to me like my father never did. Thank you. (Part 2) (AKA Dan's Pentagon Challenge - PSPS Pekanbaru)

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 10:47 AM PST

    I got bored so I started playing and documenting myself doing the Pentagon Challenge. Please pay attention to me like my father never did. Thank you. (Part 2) (AKA Dan's Pentagon Challenge - PSPS Pekanbaru)

    Part 2! For those of you that missed part one of my dramatic Pentagon Challenge adventure, you can go here. Quick recap though - started with PSPS Pekanbaru in the Indonesian Second Division, immediately won promotion. Decided Samsul Pellu was my son and I would love him like my father never did me. Recap over.

    So year 2 was really about making sure I didn't get relegated. There was no Champions League place anymore, the league being too crap so they were stripped of it. So I wasn't too fussed about winning the league, or the cup. Just wanted to make sure I stayed in the league full stop. So, I went about making a couple of signings. Being in the Indonesian League One, I'm now allowed to sign a total of 4 foreign players. I immediately abused this privilege.

    https://preview.redd.it/4vlr4xph7m641.png?width=1752&format=png&auto=webp&s=16b03ad82cf8f60bdc7941e55046ee9a4d6623ca

    https://preview.redd.it/6efnhkni7m641.png?width=1754&format=png&auto=webp&s=4f69d08e164591a9ae137659f14cbe0d5cbb1ccc

    Xiang Hantian and Lyu Haidong came in as my Two major signings. They brought a bit of sorely needed quality, a bit of experience and ability, and best of all were very cheap. They slotted right in. The other thing I did was to renew the contracts of absolutely everyone in the squad. They were only allowed one year deals previously, but now I could offer whopping great big TWO YEAR deals. So I made sure everyone I wanted was tied down for the next few years. So, the team.

    https://preview.redd.it/oed2e5t18m641.png?width=1735&format=png&auto=webp&s=7afc7c1457a26f6a079dd7f6828e3dc7009721df

    As you can see, fairly similar to the first season. A similar style, trying not to over complicate things. I tweaked a couple of things during the season, mainly attacking from the wide areas but that was in response to a couple of signings I made later on in the year. For now though this is what we rolled with, and after a successful pre-season (which included a lovely 8-0 win) we were ready to take a crack at the first division.

    https://preview.redd.it/271tdax09m641.png?width=991&format=png&auto=webp&s=7d7d6c3c49e6207ae15dec98b57fd116ddeb5226

    So I didn't include the goalscorers last time - fixed! And what a start to the season. Immediately absolutely flying. Irwandoyo and Pellu were off to a cracking start in front of goal, with 7 between them in the first 3 games. Not changing anything was entirely vindicated, considering the start. With 10 points after four games we were third, delightful considering we'd just been promoted. Our strikers were firing, everything was going well.

    https://preview.redd.it/8xca6602am641.png?width=1006&format=png&auto=webp&s=ce1ebc900e15244ae46d93c25da699d234093c29

    May wasn't as successful. We dropped off a little bit, only winning twice in the month. A quality late winner from Adrianas in the Badak game coupled with our early run out of the gates against Kalteng meant we did bag some solid points from the month but a couple of disappointing results meant we struggled to maintain the pace at the top. The other concerning thing was the amount of penalties we were conceding - the goal we conceded against Barito was our third penalty conceded of the season. So my only option was to stop asking the lads to get stuck in, which would inevitably mean we'd concede a few more chances and have to rely on the quality of the keeper, as their ability to tackle like humans was limited.

    I've stuck the next few months together, as the fixture list got a little weird. We were playing two or three games a month, which made no sense to me, so I've grouped them all together a bit.

    https://preview.redd.it/1x7ny6o4bm641.png?width=1304&format=png&auto=webp&s=2eabaa10128b454b6506dd6019095a5b9a335e66

    Nearly unbeaten in three months but it wasn't to be, PSIM taking us apart late in August. But some really great results during this spell, particularly the 2-0 against Madura and the 2-1 at the end of August against PSS. Both of those teams were competing near the top of the league, we were sitting in fifth by the end of this spell so getting those points against the higher teams was huge. I did start to think at this point that a title challenge could be on, and in our first season that'd be ridiculous. We did also concede another penalty, our fourth, in the draw against Tira-Persikabo. I dislike keeping this little penalty tally but it's annoying how many we concede and I can only assume it's down to the quality of the players than anything else. They are extremely bad.

    The other thing you'll hopefully notice is a new name there - Osvaldo Haay. I signed him as an attacking right winger, alongside another fella, Rafinha, in the August transfer window.

    https://preview.redd.it/2rbh340bcm641.png?width=1754&format=png&auto=webp&s=08490c14e7f8caddbdf0f782be0fe3016e24cd25

    https://preview.redd.it/8doq8ombcm641.png?width=1755&format=png&auto=webp&s=7473915f73c89781818d682a7b9ff1d3dbffe997

    These were absolutely massive signings. So much better than what I had previously, and Lyu Haidong on the left just hadn't cut the mustard since I'd signed him. I'm a ruthless man, and I have no time for garbage performances, so he was out and Rafinha was in. a little on the older side but 13 pace and 11 dribbling? You can't turn that down. Haay as well on the other side could actually cross a ball, which was huge. His assists at the end of the season didn't exactly reflect that, mind, considering he ended with a grand total of 1. But he was an improvement on Mumpo, in terms of ability, and chipped in with a few goals as well. Mumpo was still around as an impact player anyway, which provided us with two fairly strong options on the right hand side, which is equally important considering the frequency with which players rack up yellow cards and get suspended in this league.

    https://preview.redd.it/dhhau379dm641.png?width=1142&format=png&auto=webp&s=bdb20821a1f83818d564931b82d4585becedee0a

    September was a long, long month. Made even longer by the fact that the Indonesian Cup becomes two legged ties in the third round. By the time I got to the fourth round I sort of decided I wanted to win it, but it added a few too many fixtures to the list, and I got knocked out anyway. It was probably a good thing I did, as the title race was beginning to hot up. We were flying in the league, into third, a couple of points behind the leaders, Arema. We drew with them in a very very drab 0-0 this month, and every time they dropped points we seemed to lose our heads a bit and fail to capitalise, the first time being the 1-1 with Borneo. We could have moved within 2 points of Arema but blew it, stuck at 4 behind. Also a fun little highlight, the 6-3 against Barito where both strikers scored hat-tricks, I quite enjoyed that. Also also, 5 penalties - Ritonga saved one!

    https://preview.redd.it/7fe5f8x6em641.png?width=1066&format=png&auto=webp&s=05781ed4ec36cfcc7cc36166ceb87fc5561905e4

    What a month! 6 clean sheets in a row, dating back to the PSIM second leg in September, 5 wins out of 6, up until the dizzying heights of second and within a point of Arema. Just some ridiculous performances. Ritonga was on fire, pulling in a whopping 7.5 rating against PSM, almost unheard of for a goalkeeper. And just the mentality as well, two absolutely huge late winners, Pujianto especially - I threw him to the wayside a bit and when called on he delivered in spectacular fashion. With 7 games left in the league we were in there, keeping pace with Arema who absolutely refused to lose. On to November.

    https://preview.redd.it/nfwfdmwafm641.png?width=1107&format=png&auto=webp&s=9145b87b7fba9c7e3c035d1ea196f83393452fd4

    The Madura defeat was, quite frankly, a disaster. Arema pushed four points ahead, meaning we needed a bit of a miracle. We kept the pace with two 3-0 wins but the title was looking a little bleak. I did, however, have to play them once more. And they drew the week before we played them, while we ran out 2-0 victors over Babel United, the team promoted alongside us last season.

    https://preview.redd.it/s0w9i5tufm641.png?width=873&format=png&auto=webp&s=c01c35add14d2ddfd587f68b7642c4743a96da70

    Our next opponent was Arema. Two points ahead of us, they'd looked strong all season. If we won this we'd be a point ahead, top of the league, in with a chance of winning the title the first time of asking. An absolutely enormous game.

    https://preview.redd.it/nxnk0ynbgm641.png?width=1906&format=png&auto=webp&s=9c1bf7ee8f79ece3632cf873cda7a998662e8f29

    I genuinely couldn't believe it. I lost my head when Hantian missed the penalty. I curled up into a little foetal ball and pulled my hoodie over my head. I wished this hoodie were a time hoodie. And then, from a goal kick, Purwanto's ball out wide to Mumpo (playing purely because Haay had taken on too many yellows), who drove it low across the box for Irwandoyo to slide into the bottom corner left me speechless. I lost my head a bit, but in a good way this time. Jurgen Klopp called his Liverpool team "mentality giants" but they couldn't even win the pissing league - my lot just went top with a 94th minute winner with 1 game to go. Eat your heart out.

    https://preview.redd.it/8v4qdutzgm641.png?width=1018&format=png&auto=webp&s=8facd602e4d070a8a556c5a98f90a937e548bb65

    We had one game left, away to PSS. We had a team meeting, I spent time praising every player, I offered Irwandoyo twice his wage in a my total headloss. I did anything I could to improve the morale, to keep them going. We had to win that game. Arema were at home to Bali United, sat in 10th, so I fully expected them to win. We needed those 3 points, desperately. The biggest game of these players' lives. It was huge. It was huger than huge. It was colossal. Like planet-size. I believed in them. I expressed my belief in them in the team talk. I sent them out there, knowing they'd put in a good performance. These boys were TRUE mentality giants. They would win. I just knew it.

    https://preview.redd.it/razkuotqhm641.png?width=1910&format=png&auto=webp&s=e799fb063f22f0d83ee5b5036b92414855964876

    Fuck off.

    Absolutely devastating. I sat at my screen for like two minutes doing nothing after the final whistle. I didn't even do the team talk in the end I just hit spacebar. and then I looked at the results from the other game.

    https://preview.redd.it/w2yx94ddim641.png?width=1907&format=png&auto=webp&s=aec80252681625ba7595b8e98c14d57eaf27dc1e

    Arema drew. Which put us on equal points. And equal goal difference. It came down to head-to-head. Irwandoyo's 94th minute goal had actually won the league.

    https://preview.redd.it/soad9wckim641.png?width=1730&format=png&auto=webp&s=c0236a81e14026d1b21cdc3e3811450eece905ba

    The most incredible achievement by the absolute oddest set of lads. Irwandoyo ended the season with 21 goals, Pellu didn't. Pellu dropped off completely and kept missing one-on-ones so often I decided he was no longer my son and I hated him. Ritonga's clean sheet heroics in the last few months, the defence stepping up. Rafinha coming up and racking up 4 goals and 5 assists was huge. But what a season. We didn't qualify for the Champions League, but instead the Confederation Cup. We needed to go through a qualifying round to reach the group stage proper. I wasn't at all bothered by the competition, it wasn't what I wanted, but I did want to see if winning it meant I got automatic qualification to the Champions League.

    https://preview.redd.it/uvf7rvgejm641.png?width=1307&format=png&auto=webp&s=235d35c5b43514331a87135918e393166ee51366

    Just to rub salt in the wounds, Indonesia were given their Champions League place back immediately. So next season, whoever won it would go straight in. So we needed back-to-back title wins. I felt confident enough that we could do it. There were some players I wanted rid of, due to age or ability, and I set about replacing them, but that'll come in year 3. But I had no reason to think we couldn't do it.

    Spoilers - I have actually already played year 3. It's an absolutely mental season. Lots happens. Like, LOTS.

    Just as an aside - know somebody asked to know who was winning the CL in the other continents. Amazingly Atleti won the European CL. Flamengo won the Copa Libertadores, Tigres won the North American CL, Tout Puissant Mazembe won the African version and in my continent, Al-Ittihad from Saudi Arabia won it. For what it's worth you cannot be manager of Mazembe or Ittihad in the game. So that's fun.

    Feedback again welcomed - I did want to make this one big image at one point but I got so carried away with year 3 I didn't manage to do it. I'd love to hear from you guys again on any other features you want to see, so please let me know. And thanks for the response to the last part, love you all xoxo

    submitted by /u/dacrookster
    [link] [comments]

    The story of Alexsandar Marinov - 6 Years at Olympiakos

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 03:42 PM PST

    The story of Alexsandar Marinov - 6 Years at Olympiakos

    Having just left Olympiakos for bigger things at Bayern Munich, I decided to have an in-depth look at easily the greatest striker I have ever signed on FM, Alexsandar Marinov.

    A bit of background - I signed Marinov from Ludogorets Razgrad for, looking back now, a steal at £3 million at the age of 20. The main reason was to replace the ageing forward line I had inherited when I joined Olympiakos. The image below shows all of his goals (that I trawled through) over the 6 seasons I managed him at the club until I departed, in competitive matches.

    19 Hat-tricks, 2 x 4 goal games and 1 x 5 goal game.

    Scoring against a wide range of opponents from Niki Volou to a hat-trick against Liverpool, at the same time playing 61 times for Bulgaria and scoring 35 Goals.

    The Bulgarian Bomber

    You would also be right in thinking in those 6 years he bagged some trophies and awards, along with some club & country records -

    Awards

    • 5 x League Top Goalscorer
    • 5 x Team of the Year
    • 2 x Talent of the Year
    • 1 x Europa League Team of the Year

    Trophies

    • 5 x Greek Superleague Champion
    • 2 x Greek Cup Winner

    Records

    • Broke the Olympiakos Goals in a Season Record with 28 Goals.
    • Broke it the following year with 33 Goals.
    • Broke it for a third consecutive year, scoring 41 Goals.
    • Goals scored in a Match in the Greek Cup with 5 Goals.
    • Goals scored in a season in the Greek Cup with 14 Goals.
    • Fastest Goal for Bulgaria at 22 Seconds vs France.
    • Youngest Player in a match for Ludogorets Razgrad, aged 16.

    To think that all of the above came at a cost of £3 million is insane looking back, especially because he would miss 1 or 2 months every season due to ankle injuries. Every year a top player left the club, lured away by teams like Juventus and Barcelona, but he never left. Never even asked to leave when Sevilla, AC Milan and AS Roma were circling. A true Olympiakos Icon.

    I hope he becomes a coach so I can hire him at whatever club I'm at. I still check in frequently during my first season away, saddened to see him reduced to a substitute role by Didier Deschamps to a point where it looks like he won't become the all-time top goalscorer for Olympiakos.

    In the end, 6 years, 195 goals, 5 league titles and a one man demolition in the last game I managed at the club. The Greek Cup Final, 5 goals for Marinov as he swept the opposition aside.

    Довиждане

    submitted by /u/Barbanfalk18
    [link] [comments]

    My biggest lead at half-time with teams on quite same level of quality

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:01 PM PST

    They said it was a "golden generation", needless to say that I'm a little bit... disappointed

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 07:37 AM PST

    The absolute state of this match engine

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 08:54 AM PST

    Hope he had a great night though

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 02:31 PM PST

    I feel kinda bad for my left back

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:51 PM PST

    FA Cup Semi final against Arsenal... my most intense match yet.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 10:56 AM PST

    Guess who I found?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 04:10 AM PST

    What determines the quality of youth intake?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 08:42 AM PST

    Despite playing this game for a more than a decade I still have trouble figuring out why is the quality of my youth intake pretty low.

    I always thought the most responsible person for youth intake to be high quality was head of the youth development, but i never saw the results of changing on HOYD for another. My youth recruitment is described as exceptional, academy coaching also, my youth facilities are in the state of the art condition.

    With all this I manage to produce a quality player every few years.

    What are your thoughts on this?

    What is your strategy for youth recruitment and development?

    submitted by /u/luckydonkeyshit
    [link] [comments]

    This one is for long time FM fans. I used to like this type of faces. It was a mixture of panini style and today’s DF11 or action style facepacks. Anybody remember this style’s name?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 03:22 PM PST

    Championship manager and football manager

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 05:15 PM PST

    So I started playing football manager at FM18 and have always heard it referred to as championship manager when I go back far enough and it's always confused me a little bit and I'm curious as to what happened. Is that champ. man the same as the champ. man available on mobile devices, why did the name change etc. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/kinglamink
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel