• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 5, 2020

    Football Manager - Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 05/07/2020

    Football Manager - Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 05/07/2020


    Weekly Help Thread - Ask your help requests here | Week Commencing 05/07/2020

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    Please use this thread as a place to ask questions that are specific to your save, such as:

    • "Why is my tactic not working?"

    • "What role should I play this player in?"

    • "I have £xxm to spend, who should I buy?"

    If you are asking for tactical help/advice, please post an image of your formation and what insutructions/roles you have set.

    As a rule of thumb, if you ask a question, answer a question. This is what keeps this thread alive and useful.

    submitted by /u/FMG_AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When you come back to a save after a while and the press ask you about a player on loan

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Man City just got FM’D

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    When you're so good, that you are top odds as top goalscorer in a league you don't even play in.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    My club record signing just played his first game.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Okereke with the miss of the century (sorry for potato quality)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    Biggest transfer i have ever seen in 12 years playing the game!! And i thought i made a good sale.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Hopefully this guy can avoid any automobile accidents

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Ekstraklasa boner in FM20 - hat trick in less than 120s

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    Do I just end my save now or what?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    When two superpowers unite

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    Mobile version - just been told I am to retire this year. ��

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    A hattrick in his last ever game, what a way to bow out

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 05:40 AM PDT

    golden tid bit for getting those brazilian wonderkids for even LESS money and upping your human trafficking game

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    sup managers,

    there's this trick that i'm about to tell you, got myself 2 brazilian wonderkids for peanuts. and I mean future brazil starters. 500k & 750k respectfully. So the thing is, all these dudes always tend to have foreign club & domestic club release clauses: the foreign one being something like 15 million and the domestic one being like 250k. Yeah. Well, you can get them for about there domestic clause value without managing in brazil!

    1. add them to your shortlist
    2. (here comes the luck part) hope that some other brazilian club discovers his low clause, and triggers it
    3. Your time to shine! go to the player, and offer the club a little more than the release clause. In the case of the 250k release clause, I offered 500k. They accept instantly, player is hyped to join me, done deal. Player value upon arrival: 6 million. stonks.
    submitted by /u/antonyvswarner
    [link] [comments]

    Insane newgen from Liechtenstein

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    Insane newgen from Liechtenstein

    Best newgen I ever had. Model Citizen, 21 and still developing. AND he is from Liechtenstein. Never seen a world class newgen from such a small country.

    https://preview.redd.it/i4id54l894951.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9d53428ba0ec61f6b0741e2f8a1ff6ec60c72b69

    submitted by /u/thtiz
    [link] [comments]

    You have got to be kidding me.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    [old FM game] He is THIS good and he is FOURTEEN!!! Potential Messi/Maradona regen

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    Atalanta and the narrow 4-1-2-1-2, a love story of world domination from day one. Part 4!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    hello, it's been four months since part three, sorry, i was in the bathroom, very long read ahead, should be long enough to last until the quarantine ends in about five years

    part one

    part two

    part three

    this part will feature fewer details and screenshots, since I did not take any screenshots along the way, I'm taking every screenshot right now in 2029, so yeah.

    Summary:

    I'm rolling over everyone with the apparently insanely broken narrow 442 I came up with when I decided to play with Atalanta a few months ago. (Personal instructions, both CMs on stay wider to make space for the regista, and both strikers with shoot more often and that's it) And when I say I roll everyone ever I truly mean it, winning every single league title ever since taking charge of the club in 2019, shattering every single record, but ultimately often falling short in Europe, because my players are pussies and it's not at all my shortcomings as a coach who never changes anything about his tactic ever.

    2022/2023

    This is a trip down memory lane for me, since i stopped around 2025 and took a 3 month break from the save.

    Transfers out: Apart from the sad departure of old dog Papu Gomez for SPAL, leaving the armband to my (not-so) secret favourite Timothy Castagne, not much going on in the summer of 2022 in terms of departures, backup RB nissan qashai kristensen and youngster who didn't fit the system Amad Traoré leaving, netting me a little over 70 million, which were put to good use, as you will see later. In the winter, Manchester City came in with a 128 million bid for Milenkovic, and as much as I like the guy, you don't say no to that kind of money for a defender.

    Transfers in: Okay fine I lost it and I bought Sergej alright shoot me, he's just too damn good, and he was surprisingly cheap. In other news, I brought in Pablo Maffeo to back up Timothy, and Weston McKennie, as well as Jordan Henderson to will the BWM shaped hole that De Roon left as he packed his bags and left for China.

    The Season: Not quite the 100+ points hauls of the previous seasons, but still a very comfortable league win. In terms of top scorers, Ilicic only managed four league goals, having his importance in the lineup gradually decreasing due to his rapidly declining physical attributes, Zapata, getting up there in age too, scored only 12 league goals, and so this would mark this season as the breakthrough season for the golden boy, Sebastiano Esposito, playing all 38 games, and scoring 29 goals, grabbing himself his first of several capocannoniere awards. Fullbacks Castagne and Robertson continuing to run the show, 3 goals/7 assists for the former, 6/8 for the latter, sharing 7 man of the match awards in between them.

    In the champions league, we easily toppled our group with Man City, Fenerbahce, and Celtic, got past Barcelona in the round of 16, coming back from a 2-0 deficit in the camp nou to salvage a 2-2 draw in the first leg, then in the second leg, going behind twice, and coming back twice to make it 2-2 at home, which meant extra time, in which Robin Gosens scored the eventual winner in the 116th minute, clutch. The next round saw us draw Porto, a supposedly much easier opponent, and yet we suffered the same fate in the first leg, going 2-0 down at the Dragão! Thankfully the boys pulled it back one more time, even finishing with 10 men. The return leg proved to be a return to the norm, and we cruised through towards the semifinal thanks to a 3-0 win and an SMS hattrick. PSG awaited in the semifinals. The first leg, away again, saw us narrowly lose out despite being the dominant team, to a single Lukaku goal. Nothing insurmountable, but unfortunately this time the pressure got to my boys, and the return leg did not save us. Conceding a late first half goal from Mbappé, the team found themselves needing three goals in order to advance, and only one of those would come, in the dying seconds of the game, from Zapata. Coming short in our first deep run in the competition, that would surely not be our last.

    Oh and there's the italian cup which i don't give a shit about, so i lost in the semifinals to Roma, but I beat them in the supercup final so yay!

    Our team of the season

    2023/2024

    Transfers out: Riccardi being underwhelming was very welcome to leave for Manchester united, where he still is to this day, earning 425 000 euros a week, despite only playing 70 games in 6 seasons and rotting on the bench. Mckennie ended up sucking dick, so I got rid, Varnier was a backup centreback, and I had a very good one coming up from the youth ranks, who you'll see later. Got rid of loyal soldier Gosens in the winter for a hefty fee, since he wanted to go back to the motherland.

    Transfers in Boy oh boy did I want a striker replacement for the ageing Zapata and Ilicic, and boy did I get one. I scouted Vaassen when he was 19 at Dortmund and immediately thought to myself, yep, it's the guy. Unfortunately, the screenshot I'm going to provide is from now, at 24 years old, but he was already world class at 19, trust me: The beast

    Also I signed a backup GK, LB and got sideshow bob on loan.

    The Season Our actual worst season in terms of performances, lowest points tally, but still cruising to a comfortable 5th Serie A title in a row. Zapata, now fully transitioned into a backup role, featuring in 37 games but only starting two, scored seven goals in the league, Esposito, with all the expectations in the world on his shoulders, disappointed wildly with only 13 league goals despite playing every game except one. Ilicic, in what would ultimately be his final season, bowed out in style, starting out the season as a backup, but eventually regaining his spot, scoring 7 and assisting 10 league goals at the age of 36! At the end of the day, it's the new sensation, Jurgen Vaassen who ended up our top scorer for the year, with seventeen league goals in his first season, a meagre tally compared to the numbers I was used to.

    The Italian cup saw us reach new heights of not giving a fuck, losing in the very first round, at home, after extra time, to 10-men hellas verona. We won the super cup three days later though, in extra time again, with a goal from Zapata.

    Even the champions league was a disaster, almost eliminated in the group stages from a group with Real Madrid, Red Star, and Red Bull Salzburg, we got annihilated in the round of 16 by Liverpool, 0-3 at home, and 4-1 at anfield, for a 7-1 aggregate defeat. A season to forget.

    Our team of the season

    2024/2025

    At that point, I got bored of the save about halfway through the season, I tried to switch the tactic a bit, didn't work, I started getting bored of the team of superstars, I debated whether or not to call it a day on my Atalanta career and look for a new challenge elsewhere, but after taking an extended break from the save, to do a save in England where I would take Burnley to European spots in the second season, I decided it was time for me to get back to work. I had some goals in my mind. First: win the champions league, obviously. Second: Become the invincibles and go a full league season undefeated. Third: Establish myself as the greatest manager to have ever lived. Fourth: Clear out the superstars, the egos, try to focus on the youth and developing my own players, despite my HoyD telling me all the new boys are dogshit every single year. I came back to the save around January 2025, and have been playing it and enjoying it infinitely more ever since.

    Transfers out: After realising Inter apparently had a buyback clause on Bettella that never expired, for 11 million, and me offering him a new contract in three transfer windows in a row to stop him from going there because they kept triggering it, I decided to cash in from another club. Maffeo also wanted to leave, so I said sure, our starting keeper Gollini decided to my surprise to not renew his contract, and so left on a free in the summer. Yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I did sell Paul Pogba in the January window, for about 25% of what I bought him for not even three years before, no, he didn't want to leave, this was just the point where I returned to the save and decided to go back to my roots, instead of making dumb signings.

    Transfers in: The last "dumb" transfer window where I just bought whoever I felt like. Audero to be our starting keeper, some backups, van de beek in the winter to replace Pogba, and also Guendouzi+Casemiro on free transfers to boost up the midfield.

    The season: Closest title race in the save, all the way up until the final matchday. I was on pace for a record breaking season, but Inter just didn't want to drop points behind me. With five games to go, I was still unbeaten, but only had 4 points more than Inter. Following two games were absolute disasters: only defeat of the season coming at the hands of Lazio, in my own backyard, 2-1, followed by a 0-0 draw at Juventus, meant we were not at the top of the table anymore, Inter overtaking us by one point, with three games to go, no mistakes allowed. Of course, old habits die hard, and I did not forget the traditions and a good bitchslapping was on the cards, that game preceded a composed 2-0 win at Bologna, while Inter somehow ended up dropping points to Spezia, sending us back on top by one point! We walked into the final matchday, hosting midtable Perugia, a team we should comfortably sweep aside, needing a win to be crowned champions, as Inter would end up winning their game. And it looked like it would be the case, Esposito scoring two inside 20 minutes to see us 2-0 up. Unfortunately the boys got complacent. Waldschmidt halved the deficit after halftime, and in the 88th minute, the unthinkable happened, 35 shots to 4, but they equalise from a dodgy set piece, minutes from the final whistle... Devastated, I throw everything I have, tell the boys to go 10 forward leaving only the keeper back, until the very last second, and what would be our very own "aguero" moment, fucking sideshow bob himself scoring a shitty header from a corner to win us the title No complaints from me, the closest we've come to not being champions, and that lit a fire in my manager soul, I vowed to never come this close again, to make better signings, to never try to alter the tactic again and to overall stop being a dickhead and subbing in youngsters when we're 2-0 up at half time.

    In a post-Ilicic world (but not really, he immediately became a coach for our U18s after retiring) the new top dogs were clear, their names are Sebastiano, and Jurgen. 27 goals for Esposito, 22 for Vaassen (the numbers I give are always league-only) with Zapata netting a respectable 10 as a backup.

    Despite still not giving a fuck about the cup, we actually managed to win the whole thing this time, squeezing past Lazio in the semifinals on away goals, and defeating Inter in the final, thanks to a late penalty from SMS, and as if prophetic, an injury time header from Guendouzi to seal it. The supercup happened, and this time we lost it on penalties to Inter, I'm so sad.

    Easily getting out of our CL group with Real, Nantes and Dinamo Kiev, we suffered possibly our most disappointing fate in the round of 16. Winning 2-1 away at Lyon, an opponent I was underestimating, turns out i shouldn't have. Despite going up 1-0 at home pretty quickly, the team was struggling, and soon enough you guessed it, Lyon scored, and the bastards even did it again! Taking us to extra time, we were still inexplicably unable to break them down, and with three minutes to go, they struck the killing blow by scoring a third goal. When Timothy Castagne scored in the 122nd minute, I thought I had won the tie and celebrated for about 10 seconds like an absolute moron, before realising "wait, i'm still out on away goals" and at that point, I was very glad I wasn't livestreaming the whole thing. Another RO16 exit for the boys, it was time for a change.

    Our team of the season, as you can see I tried switching up the formation a little bit halfway through, NEVER AGAIN

    2025/2026

    Transfers out: No major departures, just Milan being my garbage bin and taking my rejects, special mention to the name Nick Begay, what a tough upbringing this guy must have had at school, he really do begay tho

    Transfers in: Only two big arrivals, Bruno, a ball-winning midfielder from Brazil, and Lyon's goalkeeper, who made about one billion saves against us in the Champions League a few months prior, I decided well fuck it, if you can't beat them, buy them. 17 passing, 19 vision, this guy is basically Pirlo but in goal also he's the best goalkeeper in the world or whatever. From now on, necessary buys only, no more big names for the sake of big names, we're clearing out the dead wood.

    The season: Back on top (even though we never left the top), back to our roots. 4-4-facking 2, no more fancy shit in the middle, the diamond is BACK, and in a big way. Over 3 goals per game on average, no faffing about. Zapata's final season with us, scoring 6 goals in 22 appearances, leaves him with 138 goals in 266 league games, which makes him the all time record goalscorer for the club. Van de Beek enjoyed his best season at the club, with 15 goals and 10 assists in the league. Vaassen netting 20 and assisting 10, Esposito scoring 30 and assisting 13, the best strike partnership in the world. This would be Robertson's final season as an out-and-out starter at left back, his age starting to catch up to him, he would still stay as a backup however.

    We got eliminated in the semifinals of the cup, boohoo, we lost the supercup, boohoo. Champions League is where it's at. Out of the group with Atleti, Standard and AZ, we face real in the RO16, and this time we make sure this isn't an early humiliation. We beat them 2-1 at home, and to put the cherry on top, humiliate them 3-0 in their own backyard in the return leg. Same fate for Monaco, 2-1 at home, return leg was a bit scarier though, but we still came away with a 2-2 draw, sending us through on aggregate, to face old bitter foes Inter Milan in the semifinals. 0-0 at the San Siro, everything to play for in the return leg, at home, I've got the edge! Well apparently I don't. Eriksen scores a first-half penalty for them, meaning we need two goals, and despite creating chance after chance, nothing would go in until the 90th minute, Vaassen finally breaking their defense, but it would be too little too late, and we would find ourselves eliminated at the doorstep of heaven once again... I think that result fired the boys up for the final three games though so that's a plus.

    Our team of the season

    2026/2027

    Transfers out: The Bergwijn flip, free transfer into 60 million to Brighton a year later, hell yeah, Fiorillo was a youth product who was very good, but unfortunately a winger, so he had no real place in the team, had a few loan spells before I decided to cash in. Dropped a fat salute for my homeboy Zapata before he left to get one last thicc paycheck in the united arab emirates, good on you mate, you've earned that one. Sold my backup fullbacks, Firpo and youth product Constancia, who was good as a defensive player but offered fuck all going forward.

    Transfers in: Dearth of left back, no real good attacking fullbacks, I got tired of looking for one, so I decided, FUCK IT, i'm just gonna buy a winger and retrain him, and so I did. Breaking the bank to bring Kulusevski back, neglecting to mention to him that he'd play as a defender instead of the attacking midfielder spot he was so used to in Manchester. Nevertheless, he seemed to adapt well to his new position. Castagne ageing, I also needed a wingback on the right, saw Reece James was transfer listed, I hesitated for a long time because of his relatively high wages, almost cancelling the deal at the last minute, but I ended up going through with it, and boy was I right to do so.

    The season: After a relatively shaky first year, Gunnarsson established himself as the best keeper in the world, saving me countless points with acrobatic save after acrobatic save, and a remarkable record on penalties, facing 11 of them (up until 2029, and excluding shootouts) and saving 8 of them. The wingbacks were back to being the absolute dominant kings they once were in my tactic, with Reece James having a disgusting season that saw him score 9 goals and assist 13 in only 32 games played, with 10 MotM awards, and an average rating of 7.79. Kulusevski scored only two but racked up 14 assists in 30 games, it's all coming together baby. Unfortunately, that season was a tough one for Esposito, picking up two severe injuries that saw him miss three months of action, he still managed to score 18 goals in 25 games, surpassing Zapata's record and arriving at 142 league goals, being our record goalscorer; with Vaassen taking the burden of main goalscorer,as well as the armband from Timothy Castagne, and getting 26 in the league.

    Oh no I lost in the semifinal of the cup again, oh no I lost the super cup

    CL time boys, the crew is coming together. Ajax, Celtic, and these fuckers at Lyon in the group. 6 wins out of 6, 15 goals scored, 0 goals conceded. Next. Barcelona in the round of 16, first leg at the nou camp, 2-0 loss. Uh oh, stinky. The boys came through. Mental fortitude. Oh and also we built a new stadium, so that's why I cut back on the spending a bit. Quarterfinals against Bayern, we're taking on all the big boys in this run. First leg, Allianz Arena, 1-0 loss, alright boys you know the drill, let's fuckin run it back. Semifinals, I'm not on that weak shit anymore, no more playing dead in the first leg, we're facing Atleti, and this time, first leg is at our place, and we win 2-0. Return leg went smoothly, Reece James seeing us to a 1-1 draw to send us to our first ever Champions League final! We will be taking on Liverpool. Esposito, coming off a month and a half long injury, starts the game, and opens the scoring for us after nineteen minutes, and two minutes later, I'm in heaven. Our homegrown centreback Agostino Lissoni heads in a Malinovskyi freekick (Yeah, he's still here and going strong, starting a CL final at 34!) and we're 2-0 up after 20 minutes. They grab one back in injury time in the first half, and the second half is unusually quiet, until the now cursed 88th minute, and a Ben Chilwell equaliser. Extra time goes by, nothing happens. Penalties it is, unfortunately, my resident penalty machine Esposito had to come off during extra time, as he was exhausted. (Seriously though, he's very good at them, he scored 67 out of 79 total) But much like Ronaldo in the EURO final in 2016, he gathered the team around and decided to overrule my list of takers and pick them himself by placing his hand on their forehead and sensing their chakras. I trusted him. Malinovskyi goes first, of course, absolute legend, and leathers it top bins. Dybala steps up for Liverpool, and Gunnarsson saves yet another penalty. Melegoni up next for us, 2-0. Hesso for Liverpool, Gunnarsson prevails again. Vaassen, 3-0. Frenkie de Jong grabs one back, but match point is at the foot of Kulusevski, and he buries it. Champions of Europe at long last.

    Our team of the season

    2027/2028

    Transfers out: Getting that CASH baby, selling off unwanted, ageing players who don't really fit the system anymore is becoming my crack. They must be replaced by younger, better versions of themselves!

    Transfers in: "Did he smack another potential 200 million on a midfielder after saying he wouldn't do it anymore?" yes he did, fuck you. Here he is, over time I switched the RCM from a carrilero to a CM-S with the stay wider instruction, I find more success with it, and this guy has the perfect stats for it. SMS's replacement ended up being known FM wonderkid Ilaix Moriba, Van de Beek's replacement, a regen from Nice who's pretty damn good.

    The season: My greatest shame. So close to going unbeaten in the league, our only loss coming in the 37th matchday, at home, to fucking Milan of all teams... Bruno getting sent off one too many times, this isn't Millwall mate, and that ended up being his final game for the club. It took the son of God himself to end our run, only letting in 15 goals all season, equalling the Special one and his 2005 Chelsea side. Consolation prize, Sebastiano Esposito did what Zapata should have done almost ten years ago and finally broke Higuain's record, and scored 38 goals in 38 games, fourteen of them being penalties, earning him the nickname of "penosito" on /r/soccer. Vaassen got 16 in 34, his worst tally as of yet, but he is still at over 0.5 goals per game overall. Reece James started the season like he ended the previous one, on fire, which earned him second place in the 2027 Ballon d'Or, which is the only time any one of my players made it to the top 3 in the entire save. His final tally in the league was 11 goals and 16 assists, for a god damn fullback! 7.93 average rating, even Esposito with his 38 goals doesn't have that rating. Kulusevski decided to calm down on the assists but score more, 7 goals and 6 assists total.

    This season would be Malinovskyi's final, the old dog would retire from all football related activities at the age of 35, declining my offers to become a coach. Over the years, he took part in 211 league games and scored 39 goals, it may not seem much, but boy was he loved by everyone during his time, never complaining once even when his playing time decreased with his physical attributes, he always put in a solid shift when called upon, and guided the youngsters who wanted to master the art of the longshot. I salute you, you Ukrainian legend, you will be forever missed.

    Out of the cup in the first round, big deal, won the super cup, bigger deal. Champions league, Barça, Ajax, Celtic, 18/18 points. Monaco in the RO16, I'm unstoppable now. 0-0 away, all according to keikakulusevski. Return leg, record scratch. Oopsie boys, happens to the best of us, that's what I get for starting the B-team in the 1st leg and for playing my cup keeper, sorry Audero, from now on after the groups it's Gunnarsson time.

    Our team of the season

    2028/2029

    Transfers out: Bruno the only notable departure, his aggression of 18, bravery of 17 and his "dives into tackles" personal trait, combined with his role of ball-winning midfielder saw him pick up 42 yellow cards and 5 red cards in 82 league appearances, what a fucking pitbull. Unfortunately, he did not offer much else, and I decided to let him go out of rage for costing me my unbeaten run. I tried to terminate his contract but the board wouldn't let me, probably because they remember what happened to my head physio all those years ago, who is no longer searchable in the game which I choose to take as meaning he passed away after being homeless for years.

    Transfers in: Florian Ferrère, who I'll show further below in the team recap, to replace Bruno, has been a breath of fresh air in the midfield, and the only major arrival in the summer, as we were finishing up our second stadium expansion, bringing the Stadium Fermo Favini to a capacity of 55 902 people, which is much better for a club of our reputation.

    The season: The promised land has been reached. 0 losses, at least one goal scored in every single game, José's record smashed, highest ever amount of goals scored. (tied with ourselves) We gave ourselves a big scare in the final game, hosting Roma, the Milan scenario of a year before that still fresh in our minds. The first half went by with no goals, and with only twenty minutes to go, Roma get a penalty, converted by Orsolini. I think to myself "please god, please not again" until the heavens open, and God himself spoke to me "A year ago, my son had to put a stop to your run, for you were not ready to bear such a burden, but this year, I've decided to be on your side" and after a kerfuffle in the box, Esposito scored a scrappy goal to tie the game up with a quarter of an hour to go, and save the unbeaten run. Esposito followed in the footsteps of his previous season, scoring 36 in 38, with Vaassen getting 19, Ichim, Ferrère and Melegoni all getting 10 to round off our top 5 league goalscorers. 8 goals / 5 assists for Kulusevski, 2 goals / 15 assists for Reece James.

    I beat Inter in the supercup final, 4-2, and went all the way to the cup final, smashing Bologna 5-1 to secure my first ever domestic treble! Now onto the Champions League, strap in, because it's a wild ride. Our group of Rennes, Benfica and Dortmund went smoothly as always, only dropping 2 points in a 0-0 draw to Rennes, and then came the knockout stages. I reminded the boys that our strategy during the year we won it was to tank the first leg, and so we did just that. Lyon in the round of 16, 1-0 away loss. Luring them into our trap at home, where they would fall to a 3-0 defeat thanks to a Reece James brace. Liverpool in the quarter finals, first leg at home, we go down early, but Lissoni equalises late in the first half to salvage a draw, conceding a home goal was not ideal, since we now needed a result at Anfield to go through. But who am I to dare doubt the boys? Real Madrid were waiting for us in the semifinals, and we repeated the wounded animal act, falling to a 1-0 defeat at the Bernabéu. The return leg was ridiculously one-sided, Esposito and Melegoni scoring inside five minutes, and the former adding a third early in the second half, to send us to our second ever Champions League final, and deny the world of a Clasico final, as Barcelona would be our ultimate opponent.

    The final would see us face off against our former player Sergej Milinovic-Savic, and would see Ilaix Moriba return to see his old teammates. The Stade de France would host this confrontation between two of the best teams in the world, and the drama was there. Full strength teams on both sides, no excuses. The first half was relatively uneventful, a couple of heroic saves from Gunnarsson and an old Ter Stegen who was playing his final game before retirement and the game was understandably tight, both teams reluctant to open up. It would stay that way until the 79th minute, and following a Barcelona free kick, Bastoni shoved a Barça player to the ground, forcing the referee to award them a penalty. None other than Sergej Milinkovic-Savic would step up, and despite my prayers that he would deliberately sky it, take his barça shirt off to reveal an Atalanta kit underneath, he ended up wrong-footing Gunnarsson. It really be your own... I decided to make some changes, James, exhausted, would make way for Timothy Castagne, whom I was hoping would bring some fresh legs. The old dog, now 33, was eager to get it done, he was angry, he was ready to go. He would end up staying on the field for, I shit you not, twenty-four seconds before seeing red, after two-footing Ruben Vinagre. Not ideal. Well, might as well go for broke, we're 1-0 down, with 10 men and 10 minutes to go, Moriba slots in as a makeshift right-back, and I decide to play a lopsided 4-1-1-1-2 with no BWM.

    The gambit would end up somehow paying off, a desperate run from an isolated Moriba on the right flank won us a free-kick in the 92nd minute. McMillan whips it in, and Melegoni heads it home from close range! the 43 thousand fans who made the trip to Paris (imagine being able to go to another country lol) are all going insane in the stands, and so am I. We see the rest of added time off, and I get an extra substitution for extra time, in order to bring some fresh legs that hopefully won't get immediately sent off. We suffer during the extra 30 minutes, but Gunnarsson pulls out some wonderful saves, Esposito almost wins it for us with a hail mary longshot, but the game finally ends 1-1. Delighted to have held on with a man down, I'm feeling confident about the shootout, all my penalty takers are on the field this time, we even had an extra training session on penalties earlier in the week to prepare ourselves. Our second ever Champions League final would be decided the same way as the first. Sergej goes first for Barcelona, I tried to communicate to him my scenario during the water break, but he did not seem to care, that damn professional player... He sends Gunnarsson the wrong way for the second time in the game. Esposito is our first taker, and doesn't disappoint, 1-1. The wonderkid Cherki steps up for Barcelona, but the pressure was too much, despite Gunnarsson staying planted on his feet, he sends it way wide and we get a break point. Moriba follows in Sergej's footsteps and plants a dagger in the heart of his former club for 2-1. Chiesa levels it up, before our captain Vaassen scores his penalty, 3-2. Abraham scores for Barça, McMillan scores for us, 4-3, match point. Saul Niguez scores despite the keeper getting a touch on it, and now it falls to the left peg of belgian wonderkid David Vazquez to take us to heaven. No pressure, lad. The kid does it, and we complete the quadruple, after the unlikeliest of scenarios. I cannot be mad at Castagne, feel free to point out my hypocrisy and obvious bias after selling Bruno a year before for the exact same thing.

    Our best season as of yet comes to a close, and it's time for a little team recap.

    The players

    Goalkeeper - Linus Gunnarsson: Best keeper in the world, bar none. The amount of points this guy won us is astronomical. His distribution is unmatched, it's the first time I've had a goalkeeper I was so fond of in any of my saves. Playing every single league game since arriving, except the very first one after his arrival, he conceded 27 in his first season, then 17, then 15, then 11 goals, keeping 97 clean sheets for 70 goals conceded, in 151 games, an absolutely insane record.

    Right-back - Reece James: An absolute monster, has absolutely transformed us since he arrived, his lowest average league rating over a full season being 7.72

    Centreback - Agostino Lissoni: Academy product, got his first minutes at the end of the 2023/24 season, became an immediate undisputed starter the following one, and has been a rock ever since, scoring many important goals, and being a crucial cog in the defensive machine.

    Centreback - Alessandro Bastoni: My Italian partnership has been the same for many years now, he has never left my side, and is looking to be there for many years still, rarely a foot wrong, and many goals scored as well.

    Left-back - Dejan Kulusevski: Yeah, I know, I signed an attacking midfielder and gave him the club's highest wages just to retrain him as a left back, but hey, he's been good, so sue me, right?

    Defensive Midfielder - Ilaix Moriba: The regista, he has every trait I want him to have, the only thing I would love for him is to be a little bit more of a team player, his 12 in teamwork sometimes coming back to bite us. Still, in his three years at the club, he's averaged over 7.5 ratings every year.

    Central Midfielder - Filippo Melegoni: The unsung hero. Slotting in anywhere needed in midfield, he keeps delivering. Every year I keep saying "right, you'll be a backup for us" and every year, he brute forces his way back into the team with his performances. After his first season loan at Pescara, he has been a mainstay in the squad, as an academy product. No doubt in my mind he will retire here as an icon, and perhaps one of the most underrated players in the save. He will always be in the history books for his stoppage time header against Barcelona to tie the game up.

    Central Midfielder - Florian Ferrère: The ball-winner. Amazingly clutch player, has only been here for one year but has been on our tabs for several more, since he broke through the u19s at Lille. An average of over a goal every three games for a BWM is an insane stat that I don't expect him to keep up as he racks up more and more games, but he is looking like he could be part of our midfield for a long time.

    Attacking Midfielder - Sorin Ichim: Signed from Nice at the age of 19, with the entire world trying to afford his services, the wonderkid has taken some time to adapt to the different style of the Italian league, but is looking to be fully ready now, scoring ten and assisting eight in the latest season.

    Striker - Jürgen Vaassen: The absolute machine. Though maybe his goalscoring record doesn't match his insane stats, (120 goals in 203 games) he is our captain, already a club legend, and isn't looking like leaving anytime soon, perhaps ever. All my coaches keep telling me to play him as a midfielder, which I will probably never listen to.

    Striker - Sebastiano Esposito: The man, the myth, the legend. What is there to be said about him? He's kicked into a new gear since his long term injury two years ago, scoring 72 goals in his last 76 league games, (27 penalties!) playing every single minute of every single league game since the injury. Club all-time record goalscorer, hopefully 2029 ballon d'or if things go well in the first part of next season? Here are his stats season by season.

    Honorable mentions:

    Gareth McMillan - Midfielder: Signed for a potential 200 million euros, the Englishman has not lived up to the expectations fully, and has been displaced by Melegoni, still, his performances have been satisfactory, and he provided the assist for Melegoni's equaliser in the CL final, so in you go mate.

    Timothy Castagne - Right-back: It's beginning to look like the end of the road for ol'Timmy. Loyal servant for over 10 years, most capped player at the club currently with 317 league apps, (probably won't reach the record of 396 set by Gianpaolo Bellini) but age is starting to catch up to him. He did live up to his name by getting sent off after twenty four seconds in the champions league final. I won't be looking to renew his contract after it ends next year, and hopefully he will decide to pursue a coaching career after his retirement and join his old pals.

    Andy Robertson - Left-back: It is definitely the end for Robbo, after eight seasons at the club, I will not renew his contract, the 35 year old scotsman has been nothing short of amazing throughout his run, despite a few shaky appearances towards the end, which showed he didn't have much left in the tank, unlike Mark Henry. He still picked up over two hundred appearances for the club, and will always be loved by the fans for his italo-scottish accent.

    David Vazquez - Striker: Our backup striker for the last couple of seasons now, always gets the job done when called upon, scored the winning penalty in the CL final shootout.

    Alejandro "Papu" Gomez - U18 Assistant Manager: After his retirement following two years at SPAL, I immediately signed him as a coach for the U18's where he would stay for two years, then Inter came for him with an offer of U18 assman which he took and stayed there for a year, but since mine left, I decided to bring him back and give him a promotion and he has been there since. If my current assistant manager Mikel Arteta gets poached, I plan to give him the job, I don't forget my legends.

    Josip Ilicic - U20 Coach In the same vein, Josip retired with us, and immediately became a coach for the under 18s, and got a promotion a few years later to go up to the under 20s. His stats aren't really good enough to warrant a first team promotion, but who knows what the future holds...

    Conclusion

    In conclusion, the narrow 442 is still broken as fuck with the right players, and I'm still having a lot of fun playing this save without buying every superstar available to me, and I'm definitely a tactical genius. (Last one is debatable) Thank you for reading this very long chapter, don't know if there's gonna be a chapter 5, we shall see!

    submitted by /u/THZHDY
    [link] [comments]

    Josko Gvardiol done right

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    So this just happened...

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    Bermuda making their World Cup debut. Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, DR Congo, China and Syria also qualified

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    I got Griezmann on free and he won the Champion's League Final for me!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:23 AM PDT

    First time I've had players follow me from the bottom right up to the top

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    Jan Vertonghen with surely the shortest managerial career ever. He didn't even manage a match.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    Look out for the Burton Ultras in the terrace!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel