• Breaking News

    Friday, January 31, 2020

    Football Manager - “I expect nothing but a win from this match.”

    Football Manager - “I expect nothing but a win from this match.”


    “I expect nothing but a win from this match.”

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 02:32 PM PST

    I just want wonderkids

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:43 AM PST

    It’s really sad to see regens who don’t make it in football end up on the wrong side of the tracks

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:08 AM PST

    Brilliant! Thanks Glazers!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:20 PM PST

    Just a casual back heel volley clearance from my centre back then...

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:40 AM PST

    Sandwich meat signs Italian dish

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 08:14 PM PST

    Anyone else in the same boat?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:54 AM PST

    Since FM became FM in 2005 I played religiously. I played FM none stop from 2005 through to about 2015. I still bring up my best transfer ever. A player swap where I sent Tim Howard from Manchester United to Barcelona with Ronaldinho coming in the other direction on FM 2005. Since 2015. I've never had the time I've wanted to invest in the game. Other things happen. Relationship/kids/work. If I ever won the lottery I know where all my free time would go. I would get elbows deep in a 25 year save. This is a cautionary tale. Enjoy it when it lasts guys. No other game compares to this. Wear your tie for the championships league final. Shut yourself off for days. This is the best game ever made and nothing else will ever give you this feeling. Kids and a wife are fine but have you ever taken Grimsby to the champions league semi finals, only to lose on penalties to Real Madrid? I love coming into this subreddit just to to live vicariously through all of your stories and achievements. Keep it up.

    submitted by /u/Sashaflick
    [link] [comments]

    The hell is with this injury list >< I have been missing them for almost half of the season...

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 08:21 PM PST

    This game gives me a headache! (I'm managing mid-table Palace)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:08 AM PST

    My first 10 in this game

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:46 PM PST

    My assman only cares about ball possesion

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 08:23 AM PST

    £85k release clause. Thank you very much

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:40 PM PST

    For the 4th year running iv gone into the database and moved my brother from the 11th tier to a prem club and proceed to play him in every game hes available

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 12:45 PM PST

    My striker just pulled a Hagi

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:25 PM PST

    I based my manager's avatar on a mosaic of the emperor Justinian

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:49 AM PST

    Double Trouble (starring HHH)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 02:44 PM PST

    A Football Manager story - Part 1

    Some old-money landowners have acquired Aston Villa football club, mistakenly thinking they were buying a luxury house in the Midlands. Rather than sell the club they're willing to stay on but only if recruitment is treated like membership at an exclusive golf or country club.

    THE RULES: Any new transfers, loan signings or staff signings must have double-barrelled surnames (with the hyphen included). No nationality restrictions. Players and staff not meeting the surname restriction that are contracted at the start of the game must be sold before the start of the following season or released on a free at the end of that summer transfer window.

    So they've turned to me, ex-pro wrestler HHH, as the new manager because there's no way somebody called Hunter Hearst-Helmsley couldn't be up to this task. This will be my behind-the-scenes diary of an ambitious and challenging project…

    https://imgur.com/jsNXQ7p

    https://imgur.com/qNvMZk2

    Day 1 - Staff appraisal & squad assessment

    Before doing anything else, I summon professional lout John Terry to my office. This is going to be a difficult start… Why did I leave my cushy WWE desk job for this madness? The 'knock knock' of knuckle on glass interrupts my slide into regret. Without waiting for my reply, JT walks in like he owns the place.

    HHH: "Sorry John, I'm going to have to let you go."

    JT: "What?"

    HHH: "It's come from above – the new owners. They're heading in an elitist yet ultimately pointless direction and they're worried you won't fit in."

    For a second I'm taken back to my wrestling prime as he bristles with anger. We face off, mano-e-mano, both inhaling long and intimidating breaths through our nostrils. When his gaze flips from my eyes to my bulky shoulders he softens a little, thinking better of it. Without saying a word he spits on my office floor and slams the door behind him as he storms out.

    I'd lied, of course. I hadn't even checked with the owners yet. All I know is that they've trusted me to make this the poshest looking (and sounding) club in sports history and I'll be damned if I'm letting John bloomin' Terry ruin the ambience; effing, blinding and miserably scowling atop the Aston Villa tree like an ASBO Christmas fairy. Plus I sneaked a look at his wage packet – the charlatan was skimming £25k out of the finances each and every week. Outrageous! Almost as bad as the £1.8M payoff he'll now be due… but a good public image is priceless and this assertively sets the tone for the rest of my tenure.

    My initial thoughts on the squad? This isn't good. Looking at the register at first team training, it becomes clear that Aston Villa just do not have adequate resources for such a challenge. By the start of next season, only 2 members of the current first team and 2 U23 players can remain at the club. Of course, some muppet has let Jake Doyle-Hayes, Corey Blackett-Taylor and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy leave for a season on loan. I can't terminate the loan deals either! To compound an already sticky situation the balance sheet shows the club spent all their money before my arrival (£0 transfer budget, 80% retained from sales & £1k p/w left in the wage budget). This will be a long & trying summer.

    Craving a positive interaction to wash over the acrimonious assistant departure, I call Isaiah Bazeley-Graham in for a meeting. The VNL standard, 1.5 star rated right back looks confused when I tell him he's promoted to the first team squad and that players like him are the future of Aston Villa FC. I send the baffled lad on his way and hope he can deal with being thrown into Championship football head first this season.

    Next up I meet with my scouting team. Their suggestions are extremely underwhelming.

    S: "Jack Butland?"

    HHH: "Discard."

    S: "Joe Willock?"

    HHH: "Discard."

    S: "Josh Tymon?"

    HHH: *sigh* "Discard."

    S: "Kim Jin-Ya?"

    HHH: "What did you just say?

    S: "Err… Kim… Jin-Ya?"

    Finally, somebody on the staff GETS IT!!! This underweight sap just secured his employment for… well for this season anyway. I send him on his way and walk out to the car park. As my Ford Cortina glistens in the late summer sun I feel a wave of optimism wash over me – the owners' crazy idea might just work…

    submitted by /u/QuoteBro5000
    [link] [comments]

    I wouldn't say he's that dangerous on the flank. You could even say he's

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:17 PM PST

    18 y.o. with those mental stats. He is already amazing, and his future looks bright. 100 mil. transfer fee.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 02:24 PM PST

    I have never been so mad about being snubbed on a free transfer

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:58 AM PST

    Welcome to the Vanarama South. Looks like Newman got excited about coming on....

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:41 PM PST

    It's my tactics, they say...

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:02 PM PST

    I'm only two points ahead of Leeds with 4 games remaining, this week is a 12 Pointer

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:52 PM PST

    Who's your most expensive flop you've signed in FM?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:38 PM PST

    Can we give a shout out to Jahn Regensburg who had who were 0-6-11 after 17 games, but in the last 17 went 6-5-6 to avoid relegation via playoff(the beat Hansa 4-3 after losing the first leg 2-1)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:21 PM PST

    The 19 players in the squad weren’t quite up to this schedule and got me fired, well done boys

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:46 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel