• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 28, 2019

    Football Manager - Congratulations, /r/FootballManagerGames! You are Subreddit of the Day!

    Football Manager - Congratulations, /r/FootballManagerGames! You are Subreddit of the Day!


    Congratulations, /r/FootballManagerGames! You are Subreddit of the Day!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 05:01 AM PDT

    Talking to your Head Scout when you're on the verge of being sacked

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 03:03 PM PDT

    Jurgen Klopp is using the FM strategy this summer

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 07:13 AM PDT

    Every time

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:44 AM PDT

    It do be like that

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:26 PM PDT

    *Confusion Intensifies*

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 07:39 AM PDT

    Is this the only recorded time that a winger in FM has made the right decision?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    Well fuck you too Joe

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 11:12 AM PDT

    When you ask a player to recommend a signing and he tells you "it's not his job"

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 09:32 AM PDT

    No friends to share my excitement with!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    I just played one of the most memorable games of FM in my memory. Which is what is prompting me to post this. I don't have any real life friends that follow football, let alone play FM. So, I thought I'd share here and at least get a few virtual pats on the back. My apologies if this post is rambling. I'm frakking excited after this game (I'm posting this shortly after the result)!

    A little history. I'm managing Boston United in my third season on FM19. The first season we managed to make the playoffs in the Vanarama North, but got knocked out in the first round. My second season we picked up where we left off and cruised to the title and promotion to the National League. But on top of that we made it to the final of the FA Trophy to play Tranmere winning it in extra time.

    Now I'm in my third season. The board simply wanted to avoid relegation. I thought we'd be able to push for a mid-table finish. We are currently 5 points clear at the top with one month of football left to play. I'm actually nervous about potentially gaining promotion because I don't think we have the quality right now to play in league two.

    Anyway, this season is going really well and we just played Tranmere in the Semi-Final of the FA Trophy! The first leg was at home and we went up 1-0. The second leg we quickly went behind as they scored 3 unanswered goals by the 53rd minute. I really didn't see us pulling it back. But the boys showed some serious determination. Their body language all game was motivated. I subbed on one of the few players left from the original squad, Nicky Walker, on the 44th minute. He popped off in the second half grabbing us 2 goals to tie it up on aggregate. This guy has no business playing at this level but he constantly shows me I'm just flat wrong. The game went to extra time and in the 106th minute, Tom Walker (signing of the season!) scored a direct free kick that ended up being the winning goal. I lost it! My wife thinks I'm an idiot for getting so excited at a game. But daggon it, that second leg was a wild ride.

    We're playing Aldershot Town in the Final come May. I'm hoping the boys can win the Trophy back to back.

    Well, if anyone actually read all this, I hope you enjoyed the retelling of events. I know it's not some crazy CL final and I'm not playing any European football, but if we get promoted to league two, it'll be the highest league I've managed in FM. I always start in lower leagues as I don't have knowledge of the higher leagues and when I started playing FM I knew nothing about the sport let alone FM itself. I'm just super excited and wanted to share!

    submitted by /u/Wynend
    [link] [comments]

    Child Labor colorized (1960s)

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:18 AM PDT

    I think I have to be the unluckiest manager out here. I got 2 redcards then after using all my substitutes ,two of my players got stretchered off the pitch with injuries leaving me with 7 players to see out the game.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 08:37 AM PDT

    Killer Instinct - 20

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    Proudest moment in FM 19 so far

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 11:38 AM PDT

    It took me 8 years to get Luton into the PL.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 12:23 PM PDT

    I began my career with Sunderland where after my first season we topped L1, finishing in first place, gaining automatic promotion to the Championship. Our first season didn't go so well where we placed 19th place, just barely avoiding relegation. The board decided I wasn't the right man for the job and sacked me. At this point, I wanted to quit this save but I decided I could maybe take over another Championship team and build from there but no team knocked on the door. After almost 6 months of unemployment, Luton decided to reach out to me and offered me a poison at the club. Financial, the club was not in the best position. From there it took me 4 season to get out of L1 finishing in 16th, 20th, 8th, finally 4th place to qualify for playoffs and winning out. In my first season in the Championship I finished 17th, I spent a total of 4 years in the Championship where I finished 10th, 9th, and finally 3rd place to win promotion through a playoff spot. I am now in 2030 where I am currently in 7th place in the PL, occupying the last spot to qualify for European League, with 7 games remaining. Only 1 of those games is against a top 6 team and I have two games in hand compared to everyone else. I am also in the FA Cup final, playing against Liverpool, who have a good squad. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my scouts who have found a lot of talent and in return I have been able to make great profit off of talented players. I hope to qualify for the Europa League and bring in some additional players to help maintain a competitive squad for next season. This has been by far my favorite save and no way did I ever expect to reach such success in my first season in the PL. Thanks for reading and AMA!

    submitted by /u/seagermz
    [link] [comments]

    The Latest Hat-trick Ever?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:17 AM PDT

    Walked into a board meeting about paying for Robert Snodgrass to get his National A coaching badges. Walked out with an agreement (after some persuasion on my part) to purchase London Stadium! I will believe it when I see it....I have my doubts with this board!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    Said goodbye to the man who backpacked me to the Premier League, i'm sad now.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 08:33 PM PDT

    Anyone watch their Football Manager Games on Full Match?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 11:56 AM PDT

    I have always thought the match engine is terrible, but now I am trying to build a new tactic, and wathed a few games in full match mode, the stuff you see!!

    • players just passing the ball of the pitch like really basic passes.
    • Crossing full backs only seem to cross when they have a defender in the way, if there isn't one they wait.
    • All round carelessness with possesion, CBs who will head it straight to a striker when they had enough time to take it down and keep possession.
    • All round terrible decision making.

    I am Real Madrid, and I am winning the games so I am not complaining cos of the results, but when you see stuff like this it takes the satisfaction out the game, cos the team doesn't play the way you want them to, or have instructed them to.

    I could go on, but sureley FM need to massively improve this match engine.

    submitted by /u/samasante
    [link] [comments]

    Third generation of Hagi! Romania's future is looking bright

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 04:55 AM PDT

    Messi making money moves in the year 2023

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    Future fee: 4 Euro. Thanks Köln.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 05:28 AM PDT

    Serie A will look pretty interesting in the future

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:21 PM PDT

    Unbelievable season from my Right-back

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 11:30 AM PDT

    Think im kinda stuck in penalty shoot out..

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel